Maize Balls

borntofish

Hi to the forum,

I have now made three maize ball makers and not one works properly.

I need to make or buy, a maize ball maker, the diameter of the balls may not exceed 30mm.

Rolling these things by hand is not fun you start about a week before the comp. and end up freezing them. Even then some break up the minute you start shooting them out with the catty.

I have tried a pipe with a plunger, but after an hour of this I am buggered, but still end up rolling them into a ball by hand.

Any ideas, or places I can go look on the net.

I am getting desperate, I have a make or break competition next month, I need to make at least three to four hundred maize balls before then.

Roger

Any ideas, or places I can go look on the net.

I am getting desperate, I have a make or break competition next month, I need to make at least three to four hundred maize balls before then.

Roger

I don't know this is the right one for you as this is for making boilie but I don't know about maize balls

here the link to it and have an think if it would work for you they do any size from 10mm to 26mm

http://www.gardnertackle.co.uk/description...?II=242&UID

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Hi,

Pretty sure these guys market a particle binder; http://www.anglingconcepts.co.uk/

Cheers...

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Chaps,

thanx but you are forgetting i am not in the U.K. So that is why it is a problem. We do not have bait rolling companies here in South Africa.

I have my own boiley tables.

The problem is this mix we use for a ground bait, all it is maize cooked up and made into balls, I use an old piece of inch and quater pipe and compress the stuff, but to make the quantity it takes a week every night, I have to then freeze them and take them to the water fozen. It just does not work so well, as when the stuff is fresh.

We are still in the middle ages on this side of the water. :wallbash:

Roger

I would have a try mixing bread crumb with your maize balls. If I remember rightly the maize balls are very sticky and if there's too big lumps in it then it breaks up. We used a mincer when I was out there some years back but a blender might work better. Also how about playing with some minced cooked maize and some finely blended dry maize ? I don't know if any would work but they're worth a try. Oh and just thought, semolina flour might also work.

Rob.

I would have a try mixing bread crumb with your maize balls. If I remember rightly the maize balls are very sticky and if there's too big lumps in it then it breaks up. We used a mincer when I was out there some years back but a blender might work better. Also how about playing with some minced cooked maize and some finely blended dry maize ? I don't know if any would work but they're worth a try. Oh and just thought, semolina flour might also work.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

The problem is not the mix I got that down pat years ago, the problem is to make them quick, I mean it gets boring spending night after night making these balls.

The maize just on its own makes a good mix, but to get a feeding spot going you need to pump in about 500 of the balls, it takes ages to make.

Like I said I use a pipe, compess the mix then cut it and then roll the ball by hand.

I suppose what we wont do to fish.

Roger

Hi Rob,

The problem is not the mix I got that down pat years ago, the problem is to make them quick, I mean it gets boring spending night after night making these balls.

Roger

Try getting someone else to make them for you then. Can you give your kids some pocket money for doing them for you - or are they not that gullible ;)

You might be able to make a rolling table of sorts, or even sanwaich a few balls between two sheets of wood and roll a few at a time. I suspect however the wood will soon get mucked up and would need regular de-gunking.

Rob.