Manxlad, the Bass are here

Manxman

brilliant!!

went up early last week but nothing showing, day off on thursday so i will be giving it my best shot.

do you know if they were taken on lure or peeler?

have you got your new plotter/ gps yet?

also any (boat) reports of tope of the west coast? can't be long before there on the beaches again. got to beat my best from the shore hopefully this year, best last year 46lb, but there were much bigger fish taken, see ya up there

manxlad..

Hello lads.

Caught my first bass of the year 5th of May in Lyme bay. It was also the earliest I`ve ever tried for them. But then again, bass seem to be about all year round on the S.Coast. It`s just that they are few and far between from Nov-April.

In the same vein, I caught mackeral until nearly Dec, Gars until mid October.

Global warming or what? Big smoothies have been caught for at least a month now. They`re not supposed to peak for at least another 6 weeks.

Make the most of it. Next Ice-Age is on its way.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor

good to see that you are getting into good fishing, unfortunatly we area smoothie free area for some unknown reason, everything else though, can't understand that they do not show here in any amount.

where do you fish locally?

manxlad.

Had three around the 2lb mark, Essex mudflats, Bank Holiday Monday morning...bright hot sunshine at 7:30am (and sunburn by noon!) All caught in a foot or so of dead calm water. Not big fish but glorious fishing all the same. What a relief that the Spring beachcasting doldrums are finally over and there's fish worth fishing for in Essex!

Hi Manxlad

Due to the snotty weekend weather we only got up as far as Kirk Michael, loads of coalies, three mackie and a launce for twelve hours fishing. Had some lug

and tried for a flattie of the old swimming pool at peel, just got tackled up and this little fourteen footer comes alond side and tells me not to fish here as he'd just laid a train of gill nets, bass'turd.

Some one should cut the mollags of these nets that would cure them.

Good luck up at Jurby, post how you get on I believe the bass were taken on a lure

manxman

went up north tonight, did the biz, 4 bass around 2lb but steve had three fish, best 8lb, 5lb and 4lb, jammy bass turd!! then weed everywhere on the flood!!

all fish returned.

going up tomorrow for a full session so hoping for good catches.

may see you up there?

manxman..

Bringing the boat up to Scotland tomorrow am. going for the weekend which includes a Beer Festival so I should be alright for a spot of fishing by midweek, did you get them on a lure?

Don't forget to bring big Bob out with you

Manx.

I fish from Dover to Devon? Sometimes the Bristol Channel.

I know. I can catch 4lb whiting in winter and 1lb `ers the rest of the year. We get a couple of dozen 30lb cod each year, but can`t compete with the Bristol channel for winter cod?

My last bass last year was caught 11th of November from the `Stone pier` Weymouth`. The first this year was caught about 3 miles down the coast,5th of May, I think. A tad over 4lbs.

We just don`t go bassing in the summertime, except dawn and last light.

But then again, you get a better run of tope than we do?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!