Desford SAS @ Whitby

John E Ashford

This coming Bank Holiday Weekend sees the Desford SAS load of Blankers heading off to Whitby.

Weather permmitting, were'ar looking forward to our annual trip onboard Stu Johnsons boat. Sea Trek.

Cod n Ling will be the main target but any other piscitorial monsters will be welcome.

Sharks n Swordfish, maybe not, but with global warming I may be writing a report of 800lb Blue Marlin, coming onboard. :D

strekwhitby1.jpg

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

This coming Bank Holiday Weekend sees the Desford SAS load of Blankers heading off to Whitby.

Weather permmitting, were'ar looking forward to our annual trip onboard Stu Johnsons boat. Sea Trek.

Cod n Ling will be the main target but any other piscitorial monsters will be welcome.

Sharks n Swordfish, maybe not, but with global warming I may be writing a report of 800lb Blue Marlin, coming onboard. :D

Take your tunny gear John :)

I have chatted to big cod regarding weighing in tope etc, and the possibility of relaxing the rules to allow them to count. Unfortunately there are no plans to change the rules in the immediate future.

So if your after the cash ..its got to be cod and ling.

Good luck to you guys.

dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

You couldn't weigh tope in anyway Dave irrespective of whether the competition committee allowed it. The local NESFC byelaw states that tope cannot be landed and have to be released at or as close to the point of capture as is possible.

:clap2: Why not weigh them onboard? That's close to the place of capture. Hey Doc. How many papers do you want and where shall I deliver them to? :clap2:

Good luck John and his team in Whitby.....as to Tope,down here in Norfolk they weigh/tag and release in the same area which the fish is caught....takes about 5 mins and the fish is off on its way which it should be...cheers Graham Daniels