Deal Pier, two weekends

sam-cox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the tides to be fulling, just off springs, the same sort of thing as fishing a river as its subsiding from a flood.

Bigger tides are the best in this area, however, the very big springs do cause problems, like weed, drifts are to fast, at anchor it is near impossible to hold bottom for half of the tide, especially when the weed is about. A rising spring two or three days before the top, magic.

Low water at mid day, perfect, back in the marina at HW when the lock is on free flow. Tie up, scrub down, a prawn salad supper, pint of cider or a glass of wine :mellow: . . . B) dont be silly, glass of wine AND a pint of cider, watch the sun go down and fall into bed, thats Saturday. Sunday, lets do it again, :clap2:

Thats the dream, and how it should have been? Hazel is on the mend Doctors have said she is in remission :1a: so, climb back to the rudest of health and the dream will be reality in 2007 :fishing:

:ph34r:

Thats much better Cliff you seem most chipper today!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Thats much better Cliff you seem most chipper today!

Life is looking up Sam, Fishing this year has taken a back seat, cant say I have missed it, mind on other things. Enjoyed the little bit I did do in the first half of the year. This then transferred into an uncious mental battle of depression. I was aware of the depression, something I have fought and kept a lid on, just, for years, but not aware of how it can affect one with out knowing, thats scary. Never used tablets, doctors recommended them but, once hooked . . . not for me.

You know I have been doing work on the boat, well that was the destruction that kept me sane I think, :blink: Set out a program of work, over say 3 weeks, half would get done, even know I dont know where those missing hours and days have gone. The new mast, it should have been complete by now, half finished! Although I seem to have snapped out of something, you are right, last week my mental state was aggressive, even Hazel commented on it. This week, to day! I am different?? in the right way. :sun:

Is it the lifting of preasure? am I going nuts? I dont know, there is a new pressure looming, that is of seeing the doc., every 2 months for a reassessment, and I'm not the one with sword of Damocles hanging :huh: She is amazing, sails through, :victory: every extra day is a victory.

Ah well, The mast is going forward a rate of knots now, me' mate has put a squib under things, and I've got to keep up with him, :lol:

Hope to be fishing by the beginning of October, I still have that hurdle to climb. You may not be aware, but every trip I go on, I enjoy, but it is a battle in my head??? It became really bad when I went over board 3 Summers ago. Ever since then, in fact, the first trip after the event was purgatory. I had to be cajoled to even go near the boat! Still dont understand my feelings on this one, 55 years an angler, 20 years boat angler, ??? Ho Hum.

Not looking for sympathy, long past that, after so many years of living with demons, I have had some 'one to one' help in recent months which has helped a lot. Things are getting better, I think?

Cliff, :ph34r:

That's Monday and Tuesday coming. :)

We will be waiting! its in the diary :lol:

Edited by CJS2