tares

the bubster

Hi people,could someone tell me what are tares.I have seen them mentioned in articles in the fishing press,and have not had the pleasure of using them myself.Why would i use them and how and for which fish species are they most used for.i like my fishing and anything that could help me catch must be worth ago.thanks for any help and excuse my ignorance (i'm just a novice).

ps please no jokes about ripped t shirts or pants after climbin through bushes for your swim :lol: .

tight lines the Bubster.

Some details & a photo if you Click Here

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Check out Newt's link.

Rumour has it that roach etc take hemp+tares to be water snails, part of their staple diet. Get the fish feeding well on either and it's not unusual to see the fish attacking your split shot as your end tackle falls through the water.

Personally my ageing eyes and clumsy fingers make hooking hemp on size 22's too fiddly to be much use these days. Actually, I can barely even see the hooks ;)

Tares are a different ballgame though. Fair bit bigger and more hookable.

Edited by GlennB

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Personally my ageing eyes and clumsy fingers make hooking hemp on size 22's too fiddly to be much use these days. Actually, I can barely even see the hooks ;)

You are way ahead of me on that. Elton once sent me packet of small hooks (#18 or #20 I think) and I swore to my wife that he'd sent an empty package. Her eyes are a bit younger and she told me there were really things in the package. :(

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I tried fishing a 9 mtr pole a couple of times. Absolutely could not see the float and kept striking nothing at all.

I think at this stage in my life, anything smaller than a #8 is not happening and that small, only rarely.

I tried fishing a 9 mtr pole a couple of times. Absolutely could not see the float and kept striking nothing at all.

I think at this stage in my life, anything smaller than a #8 is not happening and that small, only rarely.

Cheers for the help i'll give them ago.i have a local pet shop that i can get some at.

the bubster.