Christchurch Angling Club

bingo

Hello, does anyone know where I can find info on their waters? ie locations? Do they have maps in tackle shops in the area? I was thinking of joining but their website is very poor imo (Ringwood's is superb).

I would like to see where their waters are before I buy a year ticket. Thanks.

Do they ever get full up?

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

As with any club some of the waters are more popular than others. Longham on the Stour is usually busy, Somerley Estate on the Avon is popular but it runs from Ringwood up to Ibsley, must be three miles as the crow flies and often almost deserted in wintertime.

Most of the river fisheries do actually correspond to place names on the map and there are miles and miles of the Avon to go at. If you take out RDAAs fisheries and Bisterne, CAC have just about all of the Avon from Xchurch to Fordingbridge and beyond.

If there are any specific fisheries you are interested in I could take some pics of the maps in my permit book and post them here.

And there's only a few months to go before you'd need to shell out for another book! (as far as I'm aware no 'half season' ticket).

As Ayjay has said, they have a heck of a lot of water, I fish one local lake that's often deserted, 1st day of the season it was busy - but most weekends only a few fish it.

Same for the top river beats, Mon-Fri morn they are quiet.

Where abouts are you? Both ayjay & I are members - a few waters have guest tickets available to us.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Thanks for your help.

Don't worry about maps and things I was just wondering whether there was something online with a bit more info. Not to worry.

Not really sure whether to go for Ringwood or CAC but I'm a bit intrigued by CAC's stretch of the Frome and the chance of a bit of Grayling fishing........

I live in Devon so it would be a bit of a trek to the Avon but not TOO bad. There's plenty down here to keep me busy but it would be nice to have the option of going somewhere extra special and not have to worry about day tickets and stuff. Not too worried about the cost. How many times a year do us anglers spend £50 or so in a tackle shop and end up with very little to show for it?! Too many!

Might give Bisterne a go soon. Any of you fished there?

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Well, one of my gripes with CAC is how much water we have 'west', there's a few lakes around Dorchester and further west, we even own one of them and the other has 7 or 8 big/little lakes in a complex.

I'll have a look in my book soon & see how many are West of Poole.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

And as Bingo says, the website it rather tired with very little location info....

Out clubbooks though do have reasonable maps and directions in them, I assume they dont want too much info in the public domain to stop strangers fishing.