Prowler Elite 4.5 set screw

sandgrownen

If your not going for a Humminbird fishfinder I'd check the dimensions of the transducer and cable first so see if it can be fitted to the Elite. A member here (sorry name escapes me) had to sell their Garmin finder either the cable wouldn't fit through the hole for the transducer or the transducer was the wrong size.

Thanks for the reply Speciman. I will go Humminbird but I know nothing about them or what you get with them.

Does the Elite type transducer come as standard with all models of Humminbird FF's?

Is there a recommended model for the Elite?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info from Ocean or Johnsons yet on the available extras so I'm trying to pick the brains of anyone who has been there before me.

Cheers

Chris

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sandgrowen

As the Elite is such a new product I would have thought that it was designed to take the existing fishfinders in the Humminbird range. Johnson Outdoor owns both Ocean Kayak, Humminbird and Minn Kota (who make trolling motors). I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if the Humminbird 500 or Matrix series fishfinders were not compatible with the Elite.

There does not appear to much feedback on the Elite yet - time will tell if mounting the transducer on the outside of the hull in a recess is a good idea or not.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

It was me who bought the Garmin 90 and found the plug didnt fit through the scupper hole. I pondered long and hard about fitting it internally, but whats the point when the thing is designed for external fittings???

My Humminbird 535 is due any day, and if you want can give a review on both the Kayak and the electronics I have (will be) fitting. Hopefully completed this week

:yeah:

It was me who bought the Garmin 90 and found the plug didnt fit through the scupper hole. I pondered long and hard about fitting it internally, but whats the point when the thing is designed for external fittings???

My Humminbird 535 is due any day, and if you want can give a review on both the Kayak and the electronics I have (will be) fitting. Hopefully completed this week

:yeah:

Thanks Gedi

Why did you choose this model and does it come with the Elite transducer as standard.

I will whatch out for your review, pictures would be good if its not a hassle.

Cheers

Chris

I chose this model because I thought it would fit!!! Sadly it didnt so just sold the Garmin on EBay. The model that is shown on the Ocean site is the Humminbird 535, quite expensive over here. Ranges from £145-£199, so bought mine from the states.

The 535 is shown fitted on the Elite pic on the Ocean site, so played it safe and bought that one, so no maistakes this time.

Have an idea how to fit the battery, but will let you know how it went when I do it

Hi Sandgrowen

As the Elite is such a new product I would have thought that it was designed to take the existing fishfinders in the Humminbird range. Johnson Outdoor owns both Ocean Kayak, Humminbird and Minn Kota (who make trolling motors). I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if the Humminbird 500 or Matrix series fishfinders were not compatible with the Elite.

There does not appear to much feedback on the Elite yet - time will tell if mounting the transducer on the outside of the hull in a recess is a good idea or not.

Don't want to be alarmist or the bringer of bad tidings, but has anybody with an Elite noticed any of the problems some of the lads of the North Wales forum seem to have encountered? :blink::unsure:

(Or is this old news, and I haven't been paying attention?)

http://zebrakayak.proboards81.com/index.cg...read=1157546381

Edited by paintfly

Don't want to be alarmist or the bringer of bad tidings, but has anybody with an Elite noticed any of the problems some of the lads of the North Wales forum seem to have encountered? :blink::unsure:

Thanks for the heads up Paintfly.

The O K Elite was on my shortlist

I'll be sure to give it a good poke.

Stan

Paintfly

I've just been out and checked my Elite. I bought it in North Wales and yes the front of the FF scupper is as thin as a plastic coke bottle. Also what is more concerning is the very end of the foot wells is the same.

Does anyone know where I go from here, the place I bought it or Johnson Outdoors?

Cheers :(

Chris