Easterly

sam-cox

Thames

Shipping forecast 1725 Fri 08 Sep

Wind Northeast 3 or 4, veering east 4 or 5.

Weather Fair.

Visibility Moderate or good.

Just had to cancel my trip with Mat due to above forcast. We was planing on leaving at 02.30 so it would be wind against tide.

Would any one on here go out 15 miles into the Thames Eastuary on that forcast in a 16.9 boat?

Im now sulking and thinking where to go instead!

Edited by sam-cox

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hay Sam thats a bummer! that Easterly was on the cards for the weekend at the beginning of the week when I looked at the long range, thought they may have it wrong by a day or two :( Would not bother, even with KT, and such a large spring on that forecast. Be interested to know if the tide brings the bass close in?? Sunday looks better, but still East?

I'm gon'a stay home, do some work on the mast, and take a wander down to Felixstowe in the evening see what gets exposed, might get a pic or two???

Sunday, down to the marina offer up the mast, do some measuring up, need to drill some holes in the mast! And have a laugh or two, watch the yachties negotiate the marina lock on free flow, that should be interesting. Mmm, might be even more interesting in the evening when there is no water in the channel leading to the lock, there is normally at least 1.5-2m's, be half that I recon.

:lol::lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Thames

Shipping forecast 0015 Sat 09 Sep

Wind Easterly 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.

Weather Fair.

Visibility Moderate or good.

Well that was the right call.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Well Im up and buzzing to go fishig despite the disapointment of anouther ruddy blown out boat trip.

So its off to Kent again in search of that big bass. I have concidered all local optionsbut thought to myself that the weed situation on these big tides would be undoable. I am probablewrong but feel there may be less weed if you can get out of the estuaries.

Still **** off still, but want to make good a bad situation.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Well Im up and buzzing to go fishig despite the disapointment of anouther ruddy blown out boat trip.

So its off to Kent again in search of that big bass. I have concidered all local optionsbut thought to myself that the weed situation on these big tides would be undoable. I am probablewrong but feel there may be less weed if you can get out of the estuaries.

Thats what you have to do some times Sam, I am going to the love of my life Cyfen Sidan, will enter through Pembrey Park only safe place to park, and walk down with my trolley loaded with kit to fish the tide up, I am going to use my K2 with multi taking the fix spool as a backup just in case it does not work out.

Peelers, rag, lug and mackeral bait, should be a good session even though it is a long old walk. :D

I will fish the tide up starting about 3pm to high tide plus about one hour.

Anyone down my way care to join me? :lol:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Tomorow (Sun.,) is definatly the day for boats, if you are happy with 5mph Easterly? and the bit of a stir up to day, the weed, the weed???!!!

:ph34r:

Hi Sam,

I'm going to try the river tomorrow morning and chance the weed, I'm thinking that fishing a couple of hours each side of low might avoid most of the green stuff. You know the spot I'll be at, one of your fathers old favs. I'll let you know if I have a result..........