Start up query

grumpybum

My hard drive recently died. As it was in its last throws on every start up, it went through a memory check on

the opening page. Its still doing it even though a new hard drive is in place. I've looked in the bios and cant find any setting to stop it.

Any suggestions please.

My hard drive recently died. As it was in its last throws on every start up, it went through a memory check on

the opening page. Its still doing it even though a new hard drive is in place. I've looked in the bios and cant find any setting to stop it.

Any suggestions please.

have you tryed resetting the cmos

you wouldnt happen to have a memory stick/pen drive or anything like it plugged into usb, i had same thing. it picks it up as a hard drive at start up and starts checking it, if so try removing it. even a memory card

that is a very good point, also if you have 2 ram sticks (memory) try removing them and re-seating them as dust can cause havoc in a system so keep your system dust free,

don't use a Hoover to get the dust out as the static will kill the mobo components, you need to use dry air from a puffer ball or a natural bristled brush not synthetic.

even try removing one stick at a time and see if the system boots of either of the ram sticks.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image