Budget Pole

Elton

Posted on behalf of Hawkster:

I am looking to buy a pole for fishing commercial waters and want to keep the cost down

as I am not a regular to these type of venues. I am considering the Middy Hot Spot and the Keepnets

Wild Cat. Any views welcome.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

At the end of the day you gets what you pay for. I am a great believer that its as good to buy a quality second hand item instead of a cheap new one. As long as you know, or the tackle dealer knows where the item as come from and the source is reliable. In the past I have had a Prestons Innovation Pole and just recently a Maver Pole. Both have served me brilliantly and at a snip of the full price (in fact I don't think I've ever had a brand new pole).

Ask around at your local tackle shops to see if anyone has traded up thier old pole, some people just have to have this years model. Always check that none of the joints are split and I have always found its as well to redo the elastic no matter how new you are told it is.

Hope you are successful with your new pole. This is just something a bit different for you to think about.

:)

Posted on behalf of Hawkster:

I have got the Wild Cat pole.

I would say keep clear of it. It is light but not very strong

Ian Flynn

Any other poles or just these two in mind?? I have poles to hand (NEW) from a 8.2 metre with spare top 2 at £35 to a 13M CFS at £150 with 3 top spare 2's.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Can't comment on Poles, but any fishing tackle, be it rods, reels or indeed poles that include the word budget I'd steer weel clear of, its a false acconomy buying cheap kit, and you wil regret it in the long run, your best putting your money away and saving a bit more for some better quality gear.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Chris

Are the 13 & 14.5 CFS the same pole less 1.5 metres and a spare top kit?

Have to say I am not entirely sure?? But suspect they may be! To be perfectly honest this MAY be a 14.5M one! As I had a 13M one and sold that but have not had time to check this one out YET!!! :blink:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))