anyone ever?

awaaar

Guest Ferret1959

Na don't give up smoking and I say everyone should be on 40 a day.

After all the Cancer wards would be empty without you smokers.

Doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners, mortiticians.................they'd all be on the dole.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Na don't give up smoking and I say everyone should be on 40 a day.

After all the Cancer wards would be empty without you smokers.

Doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners, mortiticians.................they'd all be on the dole.

If only that were true. Unfortunately, there are many more causes of cancer than smoking, so even if it were to be banned tomorrow, the cancer wards would still have plenty of work to do. :(

Stick with it awaaar :)

The wife and I were doing 15-20 fags a day each and getting pretty fed up with it. Already tried several times before unsuccessfully but decided this time was IT!

Last fags were puffed on June 22 2006 after which we chose not to smoke - we didn't quit, just chose not to smoke.

A subtle difference, I know, but by choosing not to smoke (when you could if you really wanted to) you're not actually quitting and denying yourself of something you may have enjoyed. A bit psychological maybe, but it changes your outlook on the process.

Here we are 12 weeks 3 days further on and I think we've cracked it - with the help of Nicorette patches. They took away the cravings at first and probably made all the difference. Stopped with them last week and can honestly say we're really feeling much better for doing it. The big thing we both notice is the smell - of clean, fresh air and of just how awful those that choose to smoke actually stink.

Keep at it - you know it makes sense.

Our chief weapon is surprise