new pole maver messiah

1stbob

hope this helps if off the same mandrel i bought some top 4's for my grimreaper on buy 3 get one free they worked out at 8 quid each

mavers tend to be a bit wider in the joints so some top sets can be difficult to find unless you buy the expensive originals

dresstothrill2069 was his trading name on ebay

hope this helps

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

hope this helps if off the same mandrel i bought some top 4's for my grimreaper on buy 3 get one free they worked out at 8 quid each

mavers tend to be a bit wider in the joints so some top sets can be difficult to find unless you buy the expensive originals

dresstothrill2069 was his trading name on ebay

hope this helps

thanx jimp0 i will have a look

Normally I would sugest buying genuine maver tops for such a pole. They may be more expensive but they will know the stresses put on the pole so if something breaks there is always comback. The problem with a power top two is the stress it puts on the thrird or fourth section. I have seen people fishing a power top two on an unbalanced pole and the third/forth section giving way if the fish is too big.

Good luck with your new pole

Tightlines

ferg

Normally I would sugest buying genuine maver tops for such a pole. They may be more expensive but they will know the stresses put on the pole so if something breaks there is always comback. The problem with a power top two is the stress it puts on the thrird or fourth section. I have seen people fishing a power top two on an unbalanced pole and the third/forth section giving way if the fish is too big.

Good luck with your new pole

Tightlines

ferg

i was thinking the same thing ferg. go for the maver ones. they are designed for your pole. plus you won't get the same finish or the fusion top kit nor the magic steps. so will be different balance, different feel to the pole surface and possible a droopier pole

If you can afford them I too would use genuine sections. That and be ABLE to get them too!!! Maver are notoriously bad at supplying spres in my humble opinion!!! But besides Jimpy's reccomened I believe that Roger at USED TACKLE also does a spare top that will fit maver poles. Cost is around £9 I believe. (Will find him at the Fishamania sales!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

If you can afford them I too would use genuine sections. That and be ABLE to get them too!!! Maver are notoriously bad at supplying spres in my humble opinion!!! But besides Jimpy's reccomened I believe that Roger at USED TACKLE also does a spare top that will fit maver poles. Cost is around £9 I believe. (Will find him at the Fishamania sales!)

chris if you are talking about the tacklemania shows the used tackle aren't there. from what was printed in angling times they appear to be asked not to attend as the other dealers couldn't make money!!

they have setup their own breakout tour but as of yet only has 1 or 2 dates.

Mark

chris if you are talking about the tacklemania shows the used tackle aren't there. from what was printed in angling times they appear to be asked not to attend as the other dealers couldn't make money!!

they have setup their own breakout tour but as of yet only has 1 or 2 dates.

Mark

Thanks Mark!! :) Seem to be following you tonight!! And the reason he was asked to leave?? WHAT A LOAD OF......... :rolleyes::P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))