Manufacturing problems with Prowler Elite 4.5

sandgrownen

After reading what Paintfly posted on another thread I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3277

http://zebrakayak.proboards81.com/index.cg...read=1157546381

I've just been out and checked my Elite.

I bought it in North Wales 2 .5 hours drive and yes the front of the FF scupper is as thin as a plastic coke bottle.

Also what is more concerning is the very end of the foot wells is the same and I believe that this is a far more vunerable spot to ware or being accidentaly pierced.

Does anyone know where I go from here, the place I bought it or Johnson Outdoors? :(

Cheers

Chris

Edited by sandgrownen

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to Andrew at Johnsons Outdoors and he has reassured me that the problem will be sorted out to my satisfaction. He has sent off the details of the my problem as well as the web link to the Aussies fault to the manufacturing site in NZ.

It seems at first look that it may be a problem with the Mango Flame colour but will wait and see what the outcome is.

Then will probably go with a different coloured replacement.

I will post the out come when I know more.

Cheers

Chris

just out of interest has any other models suffered this problem, and are they doing a recall? they seem to be a bit slow on the mark for me. never thought about checking my ocean but will now just in case. hate to find a problem after warrenty expires....

From what I gather it is just an Elite 4.5 it was first highlighted in Aus and the only ones I've heard of being affected is the Mango Flame.

I guess I'm lucky with fish & lucky with kayaks.

Cheers

Nofish

From what I gather it is just an Elite 4.5 it was first highlighted in Aus and the only ones I've heard of being affected is the Mango Flame.

I guess I'm lucky with fish & lucky with kayaks.

Cheers

Nofish

I have the yellow elite, this is my 2nd one as the first one listed in the water.After checking the yak over I found that the front cup holder was very thin and I could push my finger into it quite easily from inside.The ff scupper seems quite thin too.This is very concerning,I havent even taken this out yet..........not sure what I should do because livin in Jersey it can be a real pain.

I suppose I will have to contact the Iron Stores, but im not looking forward to that.I might just taken the bl**dy thing back and get a refund and maybe go Malibu.....grrrrrrrr

RayJ

I would have talk to Andrew as he was talking about getting a replacement to me so talk to him before making your final decision. I must say I have enjoyed the kayak since i bought it. Just want to be sure it will last.

I'm trying to post some shots of the place where my kayak is thin as it may be worth checking these areas before accepting a Yak

but how do you attach photo in a post? I work in I T but ????????

Cheers

Chris

Edited by sandgrownen

I have the yellow elite, this is my 2nd one as the first one listed in the water.After checking the yak over I found that the front cup holder was very thin and I could push my finger into it quite easily from inside.The ff scupper seems quite thin too.This is very concerning,I havent even taken this out yet..........not sure what I should do because livin in Jersey it can be a real pain.

I suppose I will have to contact the Iron Stores, but im not looking forward to that.I might just taken the bl**dy thing back and get a refund and maybe go Malibu.....grrrrrrrr

RayJ

If you have any probs with Iron stores let all us Jersey beans now as we can all put pressure on him. He's sold so many its unreal. So he must have respect. Would be good to get reports and returns policy from Ocean. Especially as some have allready been accepted back in UK and Aus this has set a principal and goal mark which should be accepted by all parties involved in sale and distribution.