Jersey Yakkers Meet

Prowler

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we see you at the Pats?!!

I know this is a dangerous question, but how far is it exactly between the two? I should know the answer, but generally figure its far enough!

it's about 20 miles (nautical ones) coast to coast which makes it a heck of a paddle, but we do have Herm and Sark in the middle(ish) - 3 miles to Herm then another 6 miles to Sark and it's about 14 miles for the Sark to Jersey rowing race which does go past the Paternosters. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Paternosters is about 3 miles off Jersey. All in all quite a trip.

I still reckon it could be a bit of fun but will have to be a tour rather than an outing. Any fellow donkeys interested in a trip round the islands next summer. I've always wanted to paddle round les Ecrehous. It'll take a bit of organising.

Just had a thought - any UK yakkers fancy a summer trip? take the ferry to Guernsey - paddle to jersey then get the ferry back?

Edited by nomoretequila

Excuse me, why not travel to Jersey (longer coast line than Guernsey) And we have more pubs.

Seadoo would be up for it i bet.

Point taken on the coastline, not too sure on the pubs though. But by catching the ferry to Guernsey then paddling to Jersey via Herm and Sark you get almost all the islands - just to make sure there are enough pubs to visit :drunk:

the more I think about this the more I like the idea - Condor ferry to Guernsey - bit of paddling and fishing here for a day or two, over to Herm the next day - explore the Humps - camp overnight - next day to Sark - camp overnight then an epic paddle across to Jersey - sample a few of the delights for a couple of days, then boat back to Guernsey - ferry back to the UK

Obviously a few logistical problems to overcome but I reckon it would be a laugh. What say you all?

20 miles- I should have started training last year!

Serious point though- you did mention the RIB's that carry yaks on them, which could be useful between a group to get between Jersey and Guernsey.

I think the rest is achievable if we can get the tides right!

B.A.S.S. member