Gurnsey Bass festival?

Alan Taylor

Hi all, my fishing club here in Holland is interested in fishing this years Bass comp and have asked me to see what I can find out.

Can anyone help please.

Fishing widow GU and Conger catcher have vanished and they were my contacts on Gurnsey.

Cheers.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Hi all, my fishing club here in Holland is interested in fishing this years Bass comp and have asked me to see what I can find out.

Can anyone help please.

Perhaps somone hre could help!

http://www.deepsea.co.uk/boats/skippers.htm

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guernsey Bass Festival ?

Boat of shore ?

Fished the shore comp when I stayed in Guernsey for 2 years 97-99. It’s a competition regarded very seriously by the locals and visiting participants. Real secrecy as to where they go to target their winning bass. Competition was 1 week long.

One thing you need is to go to the fishermen’s pier and get your supply of life sandeels. Also a life-bait carrier with aerator to keep it alive.

Try fishing 30 yds out from the high tide point 1hr before and after high tide at Cobo Bay right at the outflow pipe that looks like a tiny pier at low tide. Fish when the tide completely covers it. And bait is life sandeel.

It might be too dangerous for newbies to fish the low tide marks as the tide comes up very fast and may cut off access to safety. Tide goes out for a mile some places. And big rocks/cliffs at low tide gets completely covered at high tide.

Very dangerous !!!

thongy

Bite alarms, carp rods, baitrunners, and braid. Great for big bass on beach. I'm bringing my sofa next .....

Alan.

Give me a few hrs to find out what I can. I used to live in St Peter Port. My mate used to have a laundry at Cobo Bay, just behind the Rock hotel.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Maybe try contact Mick at Mick's tackle supplies at 01481-700390.

His place is next to Alladin's cave at Unit 6, Les Canus, Les Canus Road, St. Peter Port.

Can't seem to locate Peter Perrio, who used to own a tackle shop in Guernsey.

Anyone knows his whereabouts now ?

thongy

Bite alarms, carp rods, baitrunners, and braid. Great for big bass on beach. I'm bringing my sofa next .....

Andrew Thong:

?

I have dug out a book that I was given by Congercatcher on my visit, it is called Angling in the Bailiwick of Guernsey by Len Le Page. 277 pages, 81 of them dedicated to shore marks with EVERY THING you need to know.

It covers all types of angling (including Carp), how and where to rake up your own sand eels.

One of the best Angling books that I have ever come across.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Had that for 3 years now, when I bought it in Guernsey. Just went through it again last night to try to remember my times there.

Photo of Maurice, my sandeel supplier on photo plate R, between page 54 & 55

Photo plate N is where I normally fish, to the left (Cobo Bay) lived for 6 months in the winter lets holiday home right in front facing Cobo Bay. Remember walking out at midnight across the road to fish for Bass at high tide.

Photo plate O is Salarie, right on the front of the Cafe Fuji restaurant, the only Japanese restaurant on the Ch Isles, that I was employed to set-up and launch. Ther was more than a few thousand mullet swimming about for a few days on high tide right here, visible from the road !

thongy