Poole Bay Small Boat A/C

maverick of Poole

:secret: On November 12th Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club is holding it’s annual open boat competition :clap2: There are some fantastic prizes with sponsorship form all the local tackle shops, Icom, Lowrance, Indespension, MES electronics and the list goes on and on . The club is also putting up £500 cash split into two prizes. We reckon to have a total of well over £2000 of prizes Winners will be judged on a best specimen basis with separate prizes for flat and round fish. Cost to enter is £15 per head and you can fish from either your own or charter boat. There are also optional pools for heaviest flat and heaviest round fish with the pools monies being paid out 100%. Registration will be at Baiter slipway Poole from 7am. We have negotiated from the Borough of Poole free use of the slipway and car parking.

For full details visit our clubs website at pbsbac.co.uk

Thanks

Martin

visit http://www.pbsbac.co.uk for small boat angling on the south coast

:secret: On November 12th Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club is holding it’s annual open boat competition :clap2: There are some fantastic prizes with sponsorship form all the local tackle shops, Icom, Lowrance, Indespension, MES electronics and the list goes on and on . The club is also putting up £500 cash split into two prizes. We reckon to have a total of well over £2000 of prizes Winners will be judged on a best specimen basis with separate prizes for flat and round fish. Cost to enter is £15 per head and you can fish from either your own or charter boat. There are also optional pools for heaviest flat and heaviest round fish with the pools monies being paid out 100%. Registration will be at Baiter slipway Poole from 7am. We have negotiated from the Borough of Poole free use of the slipway and car parking.

For full details visit our clubs website at pbsbac.co.uk

Thanks

Martin

:clap2: That's good news, it's nice to hear of a council supporting angling instead of making money out of it. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Oct 9 2006, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: That's good news, it's nice to hear of a council supporting angling instead of making money out of it. :clap2:

Hi Norm

Poole have been quite good to us over the years, they have give us this for 6 years now. Shame we can't get a new slipway out of them though :(

Will you be fishing it this year? Could probably get you on a club boat if you were struggling for offers

Martin

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Oct 9 2006, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hi Norm

Poole have been quite good to us over the years, they have give us this for 6 years now. Shame we can't get a new slipway out of them though :(

Will you be fishing it this year? Could probably get you on a club boat if you were struggling for offers

Martin

:clap2: I'll see if I can fit it in, I'm already booked for your cod festival. :clap2:

Hi Martin

That's a nice guesture from the council - a pity more aren't as 'angler friendly' (see Weymouth's response to the bass mls consultation)

Could I ask - is there any opportunity for catch and release of fish during the comp or do all fish weighed in need to be dead?

BASS would very much like to offer some sort of prize and award for the largest bass returned alive during the festival.

How would we go about contacting the organisers to offer this incentive?

Cheers

Steve

Edit

Oooops - just noticed the link in your post Martin.

Edited by steve pitts

Hi Martin

That's a nice guesture from the council - a pity more aren't as 'angler friendly' (see Weymouth's response to the bass mls consultation)

Could I ask - is there any opportunity for catch and release of fish during the comp or do all fish weighed in need to be dead?

BASS would very much like to offer some sort of prize and award for the largest bass returned alive during the festival.

How would we go about contacting the organisers to offer this incentive?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Luckily the carpark man used to be an angler (new guy in place now) and we have been fortunate enough to have a good rapoir with his department :yeah:

As a club we trust our members and run all our in club comps on a catch and release basis. Because this comp is an open and there are high value prizes we cannot work out how to run a competition on a catch and release basis and avoid the cheats, :( we are open to suggestions though. However the rules of the comp state that as its a best specimen comp and only the anglers best single fish of each speices is elligable for the weigh in. Also the minimum size for weighing a fish in is 50% of specimen based on the nfsa list for the wessex area. We also practice fast tracking for those that bring live fish to the weigh in ie they go to the front of the queue.

If BASS are interested in putting up some sort of prize/award then as Scotty says email me and I will forward it to the relevant person.

Martin