Fishing Milford Haven for Conger

GB

Had a great day out with GB , TPW , S2vto and Nifty. Totally different to what we've been used to. The fishing was poor with only small pout and a wrasse and a little codling to show for our efforts. Lads had a couple of conger runs possibly but alas no fish Oh I did hook something with large claws either a small Lobster or Crayfish but he wasnt coming in my yak!! :blink:

Tom at Anchor

fire002.jpg

Camera shy GB hunting for more food!!

fire003.jpg

Looking towards the Cleaddau bridge

fire001.jpg

Phone call from the Police on my way home around Llandovery . Havent been to Bed yet so its good night from me!! Arson attack on work - Pathetic kids of today .

fire007.jpg

fire008.jpg

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice meeting and fishing with you fellas yesterday :thumbs:

Shame the fishing was a bit slow but i'm putting it down to the easterly wind :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping carry the yak Stu after my trolley wheel fell off :clap::lol::clap:

And thanks for the loan of the anchor Martin after i lost mine :thumbs:

We'll have to do it again sometime............Tom

Kayaks:

Scupper Pro TW (yellow)

Prowler 13 angler (green)

Nice meeting and fishing with you fellas yesterday :thumbs:

Shame the fishing was a bit slow but i'm putting it down to the easterly wind :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping carry the yak Stu after my trolley wheel fell off :clap::lol::clap:

And thanks for the loan of the anchor Martin after i lost mine :thumbs:

We'll have to do it again sometime............Tom

Enjoyed and nice meeting everyone.

Will be going back there again for cod!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Well the fishing was not good but I enjoyed the craick.

It was great to meet all of you and put a name to all the faces.

Who is that ugly fella searching for grub (that is my bait bag by the way), I owe you one Martin you sneaky sod :lol::clap2::lol:

After a hectic morning call out for work, a flask breakage and accepting the fact that I had lost 5 reels, yes 5 reels :o we got underway at midday, there was a bit of an easterly breeze so the fishing was going to be slow. We tried hard all day and everyone really went all out to get a conger. I am a bit gutted we did not see one after all the effort that was put in, it was easy for me but for the guy's that put some milage into the trip I appologise for the lack of slippery fellas but thats fishing for you.

I ended up fishing by myself today as everyone had other commitments they had to tend to, just as well as the fishing was just as bad :(:( no cod today and no conger and not for the lack of trying.

Cant wait for the pike meet, will have to get you guy's a beer for your valliant efforts.

Off to bed to warm up.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Hi GB,

Sorry to hear that the fishing was slow yesterday again.

I didn't realise that you were fishing alone, I would have suggested coming out on the bass otherwise. Unfortunately I'm not kitted out for night fishing at the moment.

Better luck with your pike weekend.

It's a shame that it's not possible to fish from yaks on the lilly ponds. I remember when I was a youngster a friend and I used to borough the National Trust boat to get all of the tackle out of the trees. Great for exploring those areas that are inaccessible on foot.

No need to apologise Gareth, I enjoyed the day and meeting up with some more yakkers off of here :)

I will definitely be going there again as it obviously has potential for some big fish. Just need to get more anchor line and pick a neap tide, I wouldn't fancy it on a big tide.

Stu and Tom at the launch

Image002-1.jpg

GB and Martin discussing tactics and whether Martins reel needs some oil :lol:

Image004-2.jpg

And the view down the River,

Image006.jpg

Looking forward to the next time :)

Stuart.

Like Stu i'm definitely up for another crack particularly when the Cod arrive in more force. Currently sourcing more Warp!!

I will be going there again, especially as I work 1 minute up the road!

By warp you mean anchor line, I had some more in my van, you should have asked!

Winter cod fishing from there sounds great!

Nice meeting you all!

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I think with more tide run than Sundays another 20m at least would be required , as I had 40m approx on and needed just about all of it .

I had a spare one, but might add on to mine when fishing very deep water.

Hoping to arrange some fishing sessions there with GB very soon!

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse