Tuesday fishing report

yakerbass

Could not get out on the yak this morning, the misses needed the car with the roof rack,

and my handy rack is broken.

So sat there last night pondering what to do and where to go, weather report was good so

decided to go.... yes you guest it "Basing" but from shore! yes back to rock hopping for the day.

Got there for sunrise and it was well worth it another beauty, I have been so lucky with the weather

on Tuesdays its got to be bad next week.

Anyway got down to fishing at about 7 ish, bit slow at first but luckily enough I hooked up with a fish

that felt pretty good with deep slow knocks to indicate a good size, played it for about five minutes but

she spat the hook! GRRRR, thought to myself mmmm have I become a rusty shore Angler.

Put it out of my mind, well tried to every now and again it crept back into my line of thought and felt like

kicking myself for loosing a good fish.

still very slow fishing until one hour before high water, then all hell broke loose, I had a manic two hours fishing

with bites every cast I could not believe it.

Ended up with 7 Bass best aprox 4.5lb but they all were around the 3lb mark brilliant day roll on next Tuesday.

All seven fish returned, the bloke I asked to take the photo for me could not believe I was returning my Bass he said

....... Mate don't throw it back I will have it, I told him that I support catch and release, he said I was mad. I explained

that I would like to come back next October and catch them again but bigger.

some pics of my morning, sorry to put a strain on your pc screen with me ugly boat race :yucky:

Sunrise

HopesNosegully10-10-06bestbass4.jpg

Small Bass

smallbass10-10-06hopesnose.jpg

Bit Bigger

HopesNosegully10-10-06bestbass4-2.jpg

Best of the Day

HopesNosegully10-10-06bestbass4-3.jpg

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg

Beautiful sunrise pic Yakerbass,nice to see another catch report,well done on the 7 Bass :thumbs: hope the weather is kind to you next week :thumbs:

What's best then ---rockhopping or yakking? :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

well done rob

great photos and report, still not having much luck but did manage one small bass on sunday in the harbour, roll on the end of the week so i can take my prawns on another trip!!!!, maybe i'll get lucky!!

:clap2:;)

:wallbash:

Great report Yakerbass, and like everyone else has said, beautiful sunset. Darnsarf will be pleased to see the float :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

NIce fish and set up. :thumbs:

Sandeels I presume.

Well done on the C & R as well. :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)