Mr Waller in Pike & Preds

zedhead

Hi Newt

Real shame to have missed you. Vidar's got some fantastically tarty gear, but it seems designed for people with smaller hands (or should that be deeper pockets?) than mine!

My friend who lived in Philly is moving to San Diego soon, so if I get the chance to go out there to see him again I expect I've got a chance at upping my largermouth PB!!

Tim

Typical piking technique up my way. Rod tip dangles in water, pike pulls line and rod butt moves, hopefully 'angler' sat in car will see this and react accordingly. Bad in the winter, tragic in the summer. Typical brain dead dead baiter.post-364-1161159077_thumb.jpg

Real shame to have missed you. Vidar's got some fantastically tarty gear, but it seems designed for people with smaller hands (or should that be deeper pockets?) than mine!

:lol::lol::lol:

You haven't seen my latest toys either :P:P:):)

i happily pike fish in summer, and have seen no visible ill effects to the pike, although my fishing is mostly on the large scottish lochs where lack of oxygen or high water temperature is not really an issue. alot of my fishing during the warmer months is at night too. if i did think for a minute i was harming fish by my actions then i'd stop, pure and simple. i feel proper bite detection and handling is more of an issue than the time of year.

an inexperienced piker can damage a pike just as easily in winter as in summer.

Gav

King Piker

Typical piking technique up my way. Rod tip dangles in water, pike pulls line and rod butt moves, hopefully 'angler' sat in car will see this and react accordingly. Bad in the winter, tragic in the summer. Typical brain dead dead baiter.post-364-1161159077_thumb.jpg

Hmm, am inclined to agree with you regarding the cretins in that spot Peter. I was there a couple of days ago and after snagging some snapped-off flourescent 40lb-ish mono started fishing for it with a diving lure. I hauled in 50 yards of that, and another 3 lots of line, most of which wasn't strong enough.

Wasn't you on the small boat in the bay was it? Thursday afternoon, around 2-3pm?

Wetter than an otter's pocket.