3 cheers for Mr Wiggly

skippytheroo

A big thanks to Mr Wiggly for driving all the way to Scarborough from Sheffield just to teach me how to cast and show me the pro's and cons of multipliers.

When he emailed me suggesting an afternoon on the Marine Drive I thought he fancied an afternoons fishing but no.....he drove over here just to show me a few things. After 3 hours I was easy hitting 100yds plus even into the strong headwind and biting hailstones :P With the casting style I was using, a kind of crude overhead thump, there was no room for improvement but with Mr Wigglys expert instructions I can, almost confidently :P , cast and it actually reaches the surf :P

I did birdsnest the multiplier a few times but nothing too serious tho. It wasnt really ideal conditions for casting practice but I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon, despite my frostbitten fingers :P

Ive definitely caught the Multiplier bug , am gonna keep my eye out on ebay for a reasonable 2nd hand reel I can play with :P

Thanks again Mr Wiggly

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Well done you. Its a great thing that peeps will still help each other, but to be honest, I have never had a bad experience on here, I have had nothing but help.....and advice. I've never met a bad or dodgy character on this site .....but will let you know if I do.... :D BTW, that doesnt count Alan in Holland, he's dodgey....big time.... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/