Little But Nice

Ken Davison South Wales

Well the morning started out with an easterly wind but very light so I picked up my lug and ragworm fro Christchurch Angling Centre and the lads there are a laugh a minute and very helpful. They said that Bedford Beach was fishing well and in a evening match cod, whiting, sole and rays had been caught the day before so I set of with high hopes. :rolleyes::lol:

bedford04.JPG

I was setup about 3pm with slightly overcast skys which I prefer for bait fishing in shallow shore waters.

After two hours Groyne Bandit turned up to have a chat nice to meet a new AN face and up until then I was biteless so that old easterly wind thing was creeping into my mind and it looked as though I was heading for the second blank on Bedford.

bedford02.JPG

The sky was clearing as the afternoon went on and the sunset was beautiful

bedford03.JPG

But still no fish, suddenly the tip of the K2 dipped and it was fish on and it felt a good weight but the fight was very sluggish.

bedford05.JPG

In came a whiting plus a large amount of red mono and a 5oz gripper lead. :rolleyes::lol:

I started to clear the mess after releasing the whiting and the Abu started to rock about, so I downed tools and wound in.

bedford06.JPG

A small sole but at least I had caught my target species even if it was a tiddler, of it went and I rebaited and cast out and set about trying to untangle the rest of the line attached to my trace. Having nearly sorted the mess out the Abu took another dib and this turned out to be a personal best.

bedford08.JPG

The smallest thornback I had ever caught :lol::lol:

I cleaned up the mess and eventually had both rods in action but they only produced small whiting and then the K2 bounced and produced a carbon copy of my personal best.

bedford07.JPG

:lol::lol:

Well nothing big but I was well pleased to see the small rays.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

nice one ken, i liked the pictures of the skies,looked a bit cold mind! :thumbs:

Quite the opposite it was quite warm I only had a Tee shirt , fleece and light weight trousers, it was hunger that drove me of the beach in the end :lol::lol:

I should have left it until 6pm to start fishing and had a bite to eat then, I finished up chucking bait away so that I would have to pack up :lol:

The bites were coming thick and fast and I am sure it was only a matter of time before I latched into something worth while, my planning let me down a little on the food front having only eaten snack around 1am thinking I could survive until 11pm :lol::lol:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

hi ken ,,nice to meet you ,,it was a nice evening , and you had fish ,,, should of told me you were starving i would have gone & got u sumit ,,,,let us know when your doing it again & ile fish with you ,,,,,and bring foooood,,,,,,,rich ,,,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

hi ken ,,nice to meet you ,,it was a nice evening , and you had fish ,,, should of told me you were starving i would have gone & got u sumit ,,,,let us know when your doing it again & ile fish with you ,,,,,and bring foooood,,,,,,,rich ,,,,

Thanks mate :lol::lol:

eat.gif

Petals Florist