This year every thing is at least 3 to 4 weeks behind.

big_cod

My tomatoes are still ripening on the vine, catepillars are eating the cabbages and the cat was lying in the sun. If the wind would drop I'd go fishing!

Dan

My tomatoes have all collapsed with blight :(

Slugs are eating the cabbages, caterpillsrs are in the broccoli (I never find them all and although I don't mind eating the odd one, I'm always nervous that a guest will notice as they lift the broccoli to their mouth with a (to me obvious) boiled caterpillar not quite hidden amongst the florettes!)

Still got strawberries ripening though :)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

My tomatoes are still ripening on the vine, catepillars are eating the cabbages and the cat was lying in the sun. If the wind would drop I'd go fishing!

Dan

Courgettes for dinner for me although I must admit to giving up on the tomatoes and making green tomato chutney (very nice too!!)

Went fishing for my first shore session of the new season this year, went off Saltburn Sunday night and ended up taking my coat off and fishing in me shirt at 10.30pm. No fish though except for a few skinny whiting I saw brought in.

This weather is so strange though. not so long ago I posted in a thread that pointed out that autumn had arrived at the end of August with leaves dropping and millions of conkers and a bumper crop of brambles...what is going on??

• 2 weeks later...

Pout seem to have arrived on schedule in numbers around Christchurch, everything else seems to have buggered off on time too!!

If anything, the fish arrived late this year but seemed a lot smaller but in bigger numbers compared to last year, then left right on schedule. :(