New to this

DrDoug

HI all,

appologies if this post is duplicated as I tried to post earlier and it didnt seam to come up.

Anyway, I have only recently heard about fishing from a Kayak and am very interested in it.

The question I have is does anyone know of somewhere near edinburgh where I could give fishing from a kayak a try before I look into buying one.

any help much appreciated.

Cheer

DrDoug

[admin note - until you complete post #15, any you make will sit waiting on mod approval before they can be seen. That is the same point at which your PM becomes active. Newt]

Not heard of anybody around that way. Just look on yourself as a pioneer. :thumbs:

Oh and Welcome :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Welcome aboard matey. I'm new to yaks as well. Been an angler for 40 odd years, beach and boats.

Now I have three yaks, for family fun, and I'm planning my first fishing trip this weekend. Just sorting out tackle today. I can't tell you just how much fun and good excercise they are, without the fishing bit!

Wish I had one years ago. Best advice I can give, is once you have decided on a model, and bought it, go out and have fun first, getting used to the stability, and getting paddle fit.

Once you are confident, and know how you can handle a choppy sea etc, and you can paddle non stop for at least an hour or two, then go fishing. I would start at the beginning of next Summer, with warmer sea temperatures.

Plenty of sound advice on here from experienced guys.

Have fun.

HI all,

appologies if this post is duplicated as I tried to post earlier and it didnt seam to come up.

Anyway, I have only recently heard about fishing from a Kayak and am very interested in it.

The question I have is does anyone know of somewhere near edinburgh where I could give fishing from a kayak a try before I look into buying one.

any help much appreciated.

Cheer

DrDoug

[admin note - until you complete post #15, any you make will sit waiting on mod approval before they can be seen. That is the same point at which your PM becomes active. Newt]

Right on you door step DrDoug. I fish from Dunbar down to Seahouses. I'm out every weekend. We have P13, Malibu 11 XL and Scupper pro that you can have a go in. :thumbs:

This weekend I think we will be out from Beadnel on Saturday or a possible Skateraw trip on Sunday. Give me a shout if you want a go. Have you done any fishing or kayaking before ?

Neil.

I wondered when you'd pop up Mr.Sam :D

Thats me heading over to Loch Ewe tonight for the next 10 days..... fingers crossed for the weather :)

Have a good trip Paul, I will be looking for a catch report when you get back. Not to many new species though... :yeah:

Neil.

Edited by Neil

Thanks for all the replys guys ! Much appreciated.

I think I will wait till spring before investing in a kayak as suggested. And thanks very much for the offer neil, I am well busy for the next few weekend but will get in touch again if the offer still stands.

Cheers

DrDoug