£30 presented by The Festival Committee

£20 presented by The Festival Committee

£20 Scotty Tackle Voucher - donated by Dave Jacketts

Free MOT presented by Boro Tyres

TICKET £10.00

OPTIONAL PAIRS £2.00

SEE SPECIAL KAYAK RULES

PRIZE PRESENTATION WILL BE DIRECTLY AFTER THE WEIGH IN

Extra Information on this event and kayak fishing in general can be found on the Whitby sea anglers website, please click the following link to go there - Kayak Fishing.

Everyone Is Welcome

Our event is open to all kayak anglers. The area we have picked for the match is locally renowned for its excellent catches. We hope as many of you as possible will attend the match. As you can see we have an excellent prize table with quality prizes right down to 10th place. We are aware that several users of other forums will be heading up to Scarborough and staying in the local campsites on the Friday and Saturday nights. The day will start bright and early when everyone is invited to meet for a bacon Sandwich and a cuppa at the oasis cafe on Marine drive. After the match their will be sandwiches at the Scarborough angling club and again everyone is invited along for a pint, a natter, and to collect their prizes.

For those of you not familiar with the area The marine Drive is one of the top fishing marks in the area with Cod, Bass, Pollock, Coalies and most other species a possibility. The pictures below are just a few of what catches we have enjoyed this year in the area (admittedly not all from marine drive but mostly fromthe Yorkshire coast.).

Hope to see you all there.

004-14.jpg

13082008168.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

kayak006.jpg

kayak_008.jpg

P1018175.jpg

P6090024.jpg

P8070090.jpg

seatrout.jpg

Edited by glennk

Looks like a great comp GlennK.

You might want to tweak the wording since as I read it, the winner (one, singular) would receive one of the listed prizes and from your 2nd post it will be a prize for the top 10 anglers.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Perfect sense. Great re-write.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Updates in the following topics :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/no...-competition/0/

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/no...f-watch!/0/

B) B)

Looks like the weather is going to be good for us and we now have 40 people confirmed and another 20 or so waiting for a weather forecast tonight. Theres people coming from all ends of the country so this should be a really great day. I cant wait and I look forward to seeing you all there.

They say that good things come in three's and after landing 2 double figure cod in his first season kayak fishing Sam Baxter (AKA Sambo) was waiting for number 3. Well this time it wasnt a double figure cod but a 5 pounds 6 ounces Pollock which won Sam the first ever kayak match in the Scarborough Angling Festival.

kayak29-1.jpg

Sam won the Ocean Kayak sponsored by Tristar Angling on a fantatsic day that saw 42 kayakers fishing off the marine Drive at Scarborough.

My day started when Mike picked me up from Home at 6.30 this morning, probably the first time I've been out of bed in darkness for a long time. We loaded up the landrover with the yaks and all our gear and headed for Scarborough. We left Whitby and a beautiful morning behind us and we were soon in dense fog on the moore tops. I thought the event would have to be put back a few hours to allow the fog to clear but as we drove onto MArine Drive it was clear this wasnt going to be the case.

kayak5.jpg

We unloaded the gear and then went for breakfast at the oasis cafe on the sea front. It was soon clear it was going to be a great day and that there had been an excellent turn out, there was yakkers and yaks everywhere you looked.

kayak4.jpg

kayak3.jpg

kayak2.jpg

First plan of action was a bacon sandwich and a coffe. Next stop was the locals and Phil France was on hand with what turned out to be some top advice :cool:. On the beach the lads were getting ready and waiting eagerly to get away. Jellyworm was clearly chomping at the bit and even prebaited his hooks prior to setting off. Robq was taking it a bit easier allthough sounding a little concerned about what may happen to his favourite team Hull City at the hands of Aresenal this afternoon.

kayak11.jpg

kayak12.jpg

kayak9.jpg

kayak8.jpg

8am Soon came round and it was time for the off. We were met on the way out by the safety boat that was arranged by Dave. It was great to see the boat come out of the sunshine to meet us and I was pleased to see them all day, giving us peace of mind that if anything did go wrong they would be there to lend a hand.

kayak13.jpg

kayak14.jpg

The plan for the day was to fish big baits getting a scent trail running and then staying put to capture any fish lured to our swim. 10 minutes after leaving the beach we were dropping anchor and I was fastened to the back of Mike Yaks by the most expensive washing line in the world. :whatever: :happy: and out went my first bait, a rather large cocktail of Mussel, Squid And Telpie. Instantly a bite registered but never returned. 20 minutes later I wound in to find the fish was laid on. A rather nice Mop of around 2 pounds. Next cast another bite instantly, but sadly no fish, and this was to be the case for the next 3 casts with lots of codling bites in the strong tide but no fish. Then I changed tactics and shot a bait downtide. Not long after I was into another fish, this time around 5 pounds. After that the bites dried up a little and became non existant when the tide eased right off so I spent the rest of the time taking a few snaps.

Mike with a wrasse

kayak21.jpg

A visit from the safety boat. Big thanks to the lads for keeping an eye on us all.

kayak22.jpg

A poacher who found a 5 pound cod in the middle of our swim :surprise: :cheesy:

kayak24.jpg

A sunbather :happy: :happy:

width=525 height=700http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/kayak20.jpg[/img]

More yakkers across the bay

kayak18.jpg

12 O'clock was soon around and it was time to head for Port. Word on the Radio was that Sambo had done it again finding a big pollock towards the end of the match. Arriving at shore we headed to the weigh in and it became clear Sam had indeed won the match - well done Sam.

kayak25.jpg

kayak26.jpg

kayak27.jpg

kayak28.jpg

Soon everyone was ashore and Dave with Pete Atkinson summonsed us over to the presentation.

First Up was Sambo who won the Ocean Kayak sponsored by Tri Star angling

kayak29.jpg

Followed by the rest of the prizewinners.

kayak30.jpg

kayak31.jpg

kayak32.jpg

kayak33.jpg

kayak34.jpg

kayak35.jpg

kayak36.jpg

Edited by glennk

Final results.

1. Sam Baxter- Pollack- 5lbs 6ozs 2drms

2. Glenn Kilpatrick- Cod- 5lbs 4ozs 2drms

3. George Cloqhoun-Cod-5lbs 2ozs 2drms