SAS tidy Shoreham West Arm

underwaterimage

Evening all. Some of you may have heard of this but just in case....

After becomming fed up of the state of Shorehams West Arm i.e. discarded line, hooks, newspaper, dead fish, beer / coke cans and bottles. A group of anglers got together to form the Shoreham Angling Sqaud. A free to join group of like minded anglers dedicated to improving the conditions of this popular mark for everyone.

This afternoon a group of us got together for the second fish and sweep. Although the arm wasnt too bad today, four bin bags full of nastyness was collected. We hope these regular clean ups will inspire other anglers to be more thoughful with their rubish and also get involved.

I have knocked up a (very) rough gallery of unedited shots here. Some half decent ones for the press. Link below

http://www.zen31943.zen.co.uk/sas/

It all stemmed from the forum here http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37218

If your involved in the fishing press, please contact me about posibilities of an article.

Cheers

SDC

Edited by underwaterimage

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

Well done to all those that took part on the

Shoreham Angling Squad

Meet and Clean. :clap:

DSCF6390.jpg

An image, of a venue, that we would be proud to fish from :thumbs:

We know this is a rubbish problem, at most fishing venues, yes some of us do pick up our own trash and take to dispose in the correct way.

But will all anglers ever learn to make clearing up their own mess, or make it compulsory, with a strictly forced by-law. How I don't know. :)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Well done to all those that took part on the

Shoreham Angling Squad

Meet and Clean. :clap:

DSCF6390.jpg

An image, of a venue, that we would be proud to fish from :thumbs:

We know this is a rubbish problem, at most fishing venues, yes some of us do pick up our own trash and take to dispose in the correct way.

But will all anglers ever learn to make clearing up their own mess, or make it compulsory, with a strictly forced by-law. How I don't know. :)

Cheers for the positive comments. Perhaps forming a group like the SAS at your local mark will be a start. It only takes half hour to sweep the whole lot with four blokes with brooms. I really dont understand why certain anglers cant just put their waste in a carrier bag and put it in the bin or perhaps the bin at home. Lazyness i would imagine. And mummy and daddy clearing up after them all the time when growing up.

Best regards

Sean Clark

Evening all. Some of you may have heard of this but just in case....

After becomming fed up of the state of Shorehams West Arm i.e. discarded line, hooks, newspaper, dead fish, beer / coke cans and bottles. A group of anglers got together to form the Shoreham Angling Sqaud. A free to join group of like minded anglers dedicated to improving the conditions of this popular mark for everyone.

This afternoon a group of us got together for the second fish and sweep. Although the arm wasnt too bad today, four bin bags full of nastyness was collected. We hope these regular clean ups will inspire other anglers to be more thoughful with their rubish and also get involved.

I have knocked up a (very) rough gallery of unedited shots here. Some half decent ones for the press. Link below

http://www.zen31943.zen.co.uk/sas/

It all stemmed from the forum here http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37218

If your involved in the fishing press, please contact me about posibilities of an article.

Cheers

SDC

:clap2: I'm happy to promote your good work, pick a couple of pictures you want me to use with a short article and get it to me by Tuesday and it'll be in the Cristmas edition of the SAN, space permitting, if not, January edition, :clap2:

Had a result on this, three of the local rags have picked up on this and are printing my / steve's article with my pictures. Will forward the scanned article when they come out.

Best regards

Sean Clark

I have scanned the full article page from the Shoreham Herald and put it up here should any of you fancy a look. Words and pictures by yours truly.

Shoreham Angling Squad & Shoreham Herald Article

Please feel free to pass the link on.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

Well Done all.

It's stories like this that do angling a world of good.

Having been on many river clean-ups, it's surprising what good fun they can be, with an opportunity to meet new fishing companions and share gossip and ideas.

(A trip to the pub afterwards helps :) )

Why not try and organise something in your area?

All it needs is a couple of mates and a few booms and rubbish sacks.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I have scanned the full article page from the Shoreham Herald and put it up here should any of you fancy a look. Words and pictures by yours truly.

Shoreham Angling Squad & Shoreham Herald Article

Please feel free to pass the link on.

Cheers

SDC

:clap2: Great response from the press, let's hope it makes anglers think in future. :clap2: