A Sigh of Relief on MPAs?

Leon Roskilly

Angling would not cause any problems to the cables if they were exposed, just kiss goodbye to your rig

What about the ships anchor, remember Jaws 2.

Ken I think it is more to do with saftey of divers, the same reason angling from the oil rigs was stoped.

Possibly but there should not be a lot of diving once the towers are in place if any, any how if the areas doubled up as marine exclusion zones it may not be such a bad thing. At least everyone could visibly see the areas so there would not be a lot of argument. :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does ya mean I ain't supposed to fish around them tower thingys with the big propellers on em?

Well gosh - I didn't even notice them. Oops. Sorry.

Whadda ya mean I gots to pay a fine? I said I didn't notice, didn't I?

Ken - you have a point. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Possibly but there should not be a lot of diving once the towers are in place if any

Diving will be carried out within windfarms, as part of the monitoring package within the consent. We are already in negotiation to provide these services which will investigate the degree of attachment and growth of epifauna both on the turbines and rock armour. It is a critieria stipulated by the MCEU and DEFRA in the UK and similar bodies throughout the rest of Europe where offshore renewables are being built or already constructed.

Guest challenge
Diving will be carried out within windfarms, as part of the monitoring package within the consent. We are already in negotiation to provide these services which will investigate the degree of attachment and growth of epifauna both on the turbines and rock armour. It is a critieria stipulated by the MCEU and DEFRA in the UK and similar bodies throughout the rest of Europe where offshore renewables are being built or already constructed.

There will be no angling within a 100 metre radius of the structure then. Diving regulations do not allow it.

Wurzel is quite correct when he said that this is the reason it was stopped on offshore instillations.