Saved from a blank

Andy Macfarlane

If I can catch a pike even half that size over the winter I'll be happy. Nearly all my bigger pike have been caught accidentally on non-pike baits in the summer, whenever I try to catch them properly I always struggle :rolleyes:

I usually end up going to Norfolk for a few days, at least there are plenty of them there. My local waters are not great, unfortunately.

I'm really feeling the change of weather now - pike and perch are definitely the next targets.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Went fishing yesterday and spent the first 4 hours of the day scratching my behind, wondering if I was fishing just a little too shallow for comfort. I decided to apply a little effort, retrived my baits, changed them to fresh baits or freshened them up with liberal helpings of salmon and smelt oil. In no time at all, I had turned a blank round and got myself 2 missed runs, a wee jack, a 14.5, a 16.5 and a 25.5. Twas grand.

25andahalf.jpg

You get top marks from me not only for the pike but for the Hat :)

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

If I can catch a pike even half that size over the winter I'll be happy. Nearly all my bigger pike have been caught accidentally on non-pike baits in the summer, whenever I try to catch them properly I always struggle :rolleyes:

I usually end up going to Norfolk for a few days, at least there are plenty of them there. My local waters are not great, unfortunately.

I'm really feeling the change of weather now - pike and perch are definitely the next targets.

+1 If only I had fishing that good in my neck of the woods!

Went fishing yesterday and spent the first 4 hours of the day scratching my behind, wondering if I was fishing just a little too shallow for comfort. I decided to apply a little effort, retrived my baits, changed them to fresh baits or freshened them up with liberal helpings of salmon and smelt oil. In no time at all, I had turned a blank round and got myself 2 missed runs, a wee jack, a 14.5, a 16.5 and a 25.5. Twas grand.

25andahalf.jpg

Nice start to the autumn for you Andy. I use a lot of oil early season whilst the water is still warnish.I have also found some of the carp flavours work well to.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.