Ready for a wet . . .!

Guest Silver Back

:D Ready at last, well nearly, 'KT' can be be launched. Smart blue topline, black antifoul, polished hull needs another couple of goes, each year will get better. Thats a good size cockpit now the davits have been removed. The boom can still be lowered to use the sail if needed.

Apart from servicing the engine, all the other jobs are to be don as and when. There are some fish to be caught! :cool: :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

CJS2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJS2

hats off to you mate that is one fine looking craft all the tacks wish you many enjoyable hours aboard her, fair weather and tightlines.

maybe one day..........

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

:) Nice of you all, but there is still much to be done. A couple more seasons will have her much closer to my final dream? However, a polish and a coat of anti foul does lift the spirits.

I have two very good friends, they have been out 4 times on KT only up the river, boom and davits in the way etc!!! we did have some nice bass though. Mike and Roddy have worked hard to help, so I can't take all the credit.

Next year the woodwork is in for a face lift, back to its original teak color and the cabin outside needs the temporary work (look closely) made good and painted, the blue cabin stripe will be color co-ordinated with the blue top line. Following year the inside will be re varnished, cushions re covered, and new carpet, yes, all blue!

CJS2

[ 03. September 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: CJS2 ]

Hiya,

Fine looking craft CJS2 :)

but is she no missing something rather important like a RUDDER :)

you managed to get 2 perfect shots with it hidden :)

[ 03. September 2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Yes Davy, last action befor I fell in the car to come home, ladder to climb, door locked, been at it since 9am. Rest assured there is one there mate.

CJS2

:D Its when I see these sort of pictures that I realise why I have little interest in the 'skim dish' approach, "get to the mark fast, catch as many as you can, home and put it away untill next time!" Dont have much soul does it? There are exceptions, and to you I appologise, for the generalisation.

But one feels that the lack of boat posting may have somthing to do with this 'wham, bam thankyou mam' attitude to modern boat angling? I am comitted to boats and fishing therefore to KT, water, boats fishing rods, guests, we spend a lot of time talking fishing and boats, as well as actualy fishing.

Not much for nostalgia but I do appreciate when the old way has its benefits. KT is definatly in the old school.

:confused: Talking to the owner of the boat behind KT on the hard last night, its a modern Fairline twin. He was telling me of his exploits and how he thinks his 1 gallon per mile at 30kts was good. He becam very quiet when I said KT used 5 liters per hour at 8 knots, in his terms thats just over half a liter a mile!!! :D

Pink diesel curently cost in my marina 46p plt, heard the other day Brighton are charging 58p. Septembre 2006 we will be paying normal pump price, thats accoring to the EU directive! Im sure the pump prices will be leveled on the undiscounted standard. :mad:

The old way definatly has its advantages. Ho Hum, fitting a new loo and soil pipes to day, so its time to mosey on down to the marina. Vidio programed to record the Gandprix. :rolleyes: tough life aint it :D

CJS2

Hiya CJS2,

I cant agree more, OK it might take a bit longer to get there but you can stay all day and for a fraction of the cost :)

The catchalot is slightly dearer to run, but only cause she is twin engined, I'm just over a litre per mile in total for both engines @ 7 knts.

for me the old school wins hands down all the time :):D:D

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"