Sustainable Fishing

big_cod

That's it there was very large numbers of cod on the ground here and that is why they were getting them in the dredges and ad the potters say they are extremely worried at the damage dredges does ask amf commercial fishermen who done netting longlineing you need to be on good ground to get good catches of cod on the doft ground waste of time been there done it this is going round in circles I will keep you posted if they ban the scallop boats aback of 6 mile permently it's on the cards l pressure from local fishermen will denture that .

Round in circles indeed, jeezo we are just getting to the good bits, the money shots.....and you still of course have all these multiple positions on the same points to clear up.... :blink:

Modern marine management is ever evolving paul, it never sits still, there are all those very lucrative marine mismanagement jobs to conserve, it requires an endless stream of new management opportunities to sustain itself. I am sure that there will be changes to a lot of stakeholder activities in that area in the not to distant future.

Plenty talk of pot limits, bag limits on anglers etc etc all around the countryside.....the smart guys will do what they have always done, prepare for the worst while hoping for the best. The not so smart guys will still be blaming everyone else with their head buried in the sand while they are regulated into oblivion....mind how you go skipper, eyes wide open.... :rtfm:

• Like 1

Barry you dont have a clue about anything really, do you know just how many square miles of sea we have round the uk and do you actually think its alive with cod everywhere thats just whats makes a very very good skipper you know who knows the job inside out and gets fish for his customers day in day out and is booked near on 7 days aweek .

i could take you to plenty of places like a desert not a fish in sight but that wouldnt go down well with my regular customers who keep coming back time after time 30+ years of knowledge gives you that barry and somebody who runs an excellent and professional operation you want to come and try it sometime you might just learn something about the seas around our coast but i will say something where i will be taking my customers tommorow the ground has never seen a scallop dredge thats the difference because if it had the fish wouldnt be there,

paul..

Ahh right no answers or back up to your unsustainable fishing that you don't want promoted but yet more know nothing insults for a swerve.

Remember our old mate, rest his soul John Brennan, he was the guy who gave you sea time so you could get your ticket. Well, he had a plan while residing in new Zealand, got homesick and wanted to come back and do it all again. Even bought another boat. I still have details and pictures within my computer. Anyway, he knew I was interested in ling, big time, he also knew I wasn't interested in the codling fishing up there with the odd cod caught. He knew I fished for ling throughout the tides, not just on the slack as the bigger ling do feed in tide, obvious isn't it.

Anyway, as I have done loads of full tide fishing for the ling while anchored uptide of the wrecks he was interested to see how it was done. Down south we have one or two skippers (very rare) who don't use the hauler or the Alderney ring to reposition, they use the gps, have you seen it done? do you actually anchor the wrecks full tides for the bigger fish? If the answer is yes you should have some stonking pictures of say the ling that do reside up there of over 40lb as no one fishes for them, the record is touching 60, isn't it. do you have any foto's of these ling?

John Brennan, rest his soul, wasn't aware just how ill he really was, before we had a chance to meet up and spend time hauling up them big ling, he sadly died. Nice to know 'Challange' his former oppo John Mallett is fit well and active in his life on the fisheries vessels still

Me, I know nothing.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

plenty of codling caught from the premier pool table as confirmed by this guy yesterday, even with difficult conditions:

We had a fairly steady day yesterday (23/3/15), here on the ‪#‎uptiding‬ grounds at ‪#‎whitby‬.

With the tides being a bit on the big side we headed to spot where we haven't been in a while in the hope for a few better fish, we found a few too. we moved as we needed to, but were a bit hampered by the wind over the tide,

we still found fish for everyone on board. some doing better than others, a few lads managed over ten fish a piece, returning anything under 40cm, we were surprised by the stamp of the fish though as quite a few were over 4lb the best going around 7lb.

prospects for the next week as the tides drop away look good for wrecking, so if you fancy a trip out to wrecks give us a call, tight lines, Rich

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..