SPINNING

TANCHET

I am looking for a quality spinning rod to fish from the rocks. I was hoping to find a decent telescopic rod but its seems that most people feel that have not progressed enough to be worthwhile. Veals have a Mike Laddell 11' which got good reviews but this is a 2 piece which presents a number of transport problems for me as I was hoping to pop into my rucksack on the way to the sea!!.

Comments appreciated.

I am looking for a quality spinning rod to fish from the rocks. I was hoping to find a decent telescopic rod but its seems that most people feel that have not progressed enough to be worthwhile. Veals have a Mike Laddell 11' which got good reviews but this is a 2 piece which presents a number of transport problems for me as I was hoping to pop into my rucksack on the way to the sea!!.

Comments appreciated.

Have a look at the Shimano Exage travel range mate. They pack down small and come with a hard travel tube. I have a 7ft telescopic version and a 9ft multi section rod which I use when travelling. They both fit into my suitcase. I've been impressed with both rods.

I know someone who only uses telescopic rods for sea fishing

He has used them for many years with no problem.

spinning and bottom fishing.

Daiwa do good ones for about £28!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Comments appreciated.

There is also Mike Ladles 4surespin, a 4 piece rod 11 ft also from Veals, haven't used myself, I bought the ML 2 piece which I am very happy with :)

I have a great spinning rod - 6 piece - from Shimano. Comes in a hard carry tube, straps to rucksack or bike no worries. I bought it to take travelling in India and Oz. Never let me down - caught some nice big barramundi and mahseer on it!

Shimano Exage STC 6 piece spin rod. £45 from tackleshop.co.uk.

Various models to suit different lure sizes. Top rod.

If you know anyone going to Spain, or Portugal, you will get a cracking telescopic, Grauvell, for around £30, Less than half what you will pay here. Superb rods.

Id recommend a lifejacket. Some may scoff, but watching someone drown s not pleasant.

If you know anyone going to Spain, or Portugal, you will get a cracking telescopic, Grauvell, for around £30, Less than half what you will pay here. Superb rods.

Id recommend a lifejacket. Some may scoff, but watching someone drown s not pleasant.

If you come to me I can sell you a ZEBCO tele spinning rod for £10 plus post!! All depends on how much you wanna pay!! Oh and casting weight of course!! Got a couple of different models!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))