Pistol shooting for 2012 Olympics

RobStubbs

I feel sorry for the Mods, having to walk round with them targets on their backs.

Just asking for trouble. ;)

I've never even seen Newt, how do you know what him and the others have on their backs ? :unsure:

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one point, if there are no safe guards, that anyone can come up with, which up to now no one has,

Then should we really put guns in the hands of people we dont really know, but can shoot well, they can aim staright and hit there target, what ever target that may be, and when they are done, they turn that target to themselves

and leave the us behind to pick up the pieces.

Im sorry guys that i dont agree.

Butr the welfare of my children come first, and when they are at school, i want to know that they will be at home that evening, safe and well, and i can tuck them into bed at night.

sean

How many children have we seen stabbed recently in our schools ? What safeguards do we have against that? Don't want to sound patronising, but there is no guarantee that your children WILL come home safe from school. Life happens to be dangerous, so ban cars to avoid car crashes, ban electricity to avoid electrocution, etc etc.

The illegal held fire arms are used in crimes agains crimials, drug people use them on each other..

The innocent childrens live were taken by people who were members of clubs, who had a mental problem.

Sadly not true, what about the teenage girls killed at a party, and there are others. 97% of gun crime, yes 97%, was committed by illegally held weapons, pre-ban. How does banning the three percent improve safety appreciably, please tell me, because I really want to know?

Not long ago, a group of doctors were trying to get sharp pointed kitchen knives banned, because of the kinds of injuries they can cause. Same issue again - it's not the knife that's the problem.

As already said, motor vehicles are probably one of the biggest causes of non disease related death and serious injury around. However I don't see many people trying to get driving banned for that reason.

Sadly not true, what about the teenage girls killed at a party, and there are others. 97% of gun crime, yes 97%, was committed by illegally held weapons, pre-ban. How does banning the three percent improve safety appreciably, please tell me, because I really want to know?

Well usually to my knowledge, the 97 percent gun crime your talking about, is usualy kept within themselves, either gang warfare, drugs and the likes..... the part that worried me is the 3 percent, which turns out to be the innocent, children, or just ordenary members of the public.

Its ok to say today this guy is ok, give him a license...but we have all gone through bad times in our lives..lets say we say yes, let the pistols become legal and licensed again, and we have another killing of children a few weeks after,...will you then come on here and say your wrong...

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Guest Ferret1959
Well usually to my knowledge, the 97 percent gun crime your talking about, is usualy kept within themselves, either gang warfare, drugs and the likes..... the part that worried me is the 3 percent, which turns out to be the innocent, children, or just ordenary members of the public.

Its ok to say today this guy is ok, give him a license...but we have all gone through bad times in our lives..lets say we say yes, let the pistols become legal and licensed again, and we have another killing of children a few weeks after,...will you then come on here and say your wrong...

sean

I thought the petition was to allow a few shooters train in thier own country so they can represent THIS country in the olympics?

Not a full scale open license to go round shooting each other and anything or person who gets in the way!!

Sean, I see your point but I'm sure there will be very close scrutiny.

If you are that concerned why not join a gun club and see how things are managed?

And please don't have a go at me because of my view.

Thanks. :)

http://www.gun-control-network.org/IN1106.htm

Interesting reading but no sign of olympic shooting reps involved??????

Most of the stuff on there is garbage. It does however highlight how many illegal guns are in this country and how lenient the courts can be in enforcing the laws. That does also shoot themselves in the foot <so to speak> as it shows the problem is the failure to properly enforce the current laws rather than a lack of existing laws.

Rob.