Pistol shooting for 2012 Olympics

RobStubbs

Most of the stuff on there is garbage. It does however highlight how many illegal guns are in this country and how lenient the courts can be in enforcing the laws. That does also shoot themselves in the foot <so to speak> as it shows the problem is the failure to properly enforce the current laws rather than a lack of existing laws.

Rob.

Would agree 100%.

If the training was carried out at gun clubs and all the guns and ammunition were confined to the club then I cannot see where the problem lies.

One thing we all complain about is higher taxes and local rates both of which support police forces, one of the main problems with enforcing all laws is a lack of police numbers in areas where they are most needed.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banning handguns has done nothing to protect your children, lots of innocents have been killed since the 1996 firearms ammendment and just because drug crime is kept mostly "in house" don't think that it doesn't spill over and effect normal people it does.The UK now has the highest firearms crime rate in europe and yet has possibly the strictist gun controls. Banning firearms does nothing to stop the 1 in 1,000,000 maniacs because they don't need handguns to kill, a car in the right circumstances is a much more effective weapon.You can't even trust the police with firearms as the recent case that made the news of a royal protection officer threatening a member of the public by holding a handgun to his head after a road rage incidence and then being arrested for it goes to show.

I know why not remove anything dangerous from the country including knives forks and spoons, keys (a friend of mine once stabbed a mugger with his car keys), rope,cars ,lorries ,water (we've just had a 2 year old drown in a park lake where i live)disarm the army etc ,then your kids will be safe, except hold on what about the things we can't ban like diseases, sh*t better lock the kids in an oxygen tent in the cellar, ahh but then you'll get arrested for child cruelty and abuse.

Sorry for the sarcasm but the world is inherently a dangerous place that you cannot legislate against and banning handguns which are like any other tool (without an idiot behind it they're harmless) was a pointless exercise. until you can stop anyone from going crazy you will never stop innocents getting hurt because it is the crazies that are the problem not what they arm themselves with(prince phillip was taken to task when he said after dunblane that thomas hamilton could have done the same by going into a primary school armed with a cricket bat and would people then call for the banning of all cricket equipment, this may seem like a poor comparison but what defence would a bunch of 6 & 7 year olds have against a fully grown man armed with a cricket bat very little i think.)

In the case of thomas hamilton the blame was placed entirely on the heads of innocent legitmate firearms holders instead of on the police who despite repeated warnings about hamilton which gave them every opportunity to disarm him chose to sit back and do nothing(for whatever reason) and so in the end more innocents were affected both in the children he killed and the innocents who had their hobbies taken away from them and in quite a few cases their livelyhoods destroyed.

Edited by snakey1

There's a petition on the website below effectively petitioning government to allow athletes to train for the 2012 olympics in the UK. If you support the proposal then please sign up to the petition.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TargetPistols/

Rob.

The full wording of the proposal is;

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Change the law to permit our target pistol shooters to prepare properly for international and Olympic competitions. "

Done Rob and very happy to help out!! One of the daftest laws I have ever seen!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

You ask about safe guards for hand guns. The law as it stood was adequate. That same law still stands good for rifles and shotguns.

What exactly is the difference between a LEGALLY owned hand gun and shotguns and rifles???

The hand guns used for target shooting are nothing like the guns we see every day on tv or in films. They are single shot, have anatomical grips to fit the individual and are not exactly any use for mass killings that some seem scared of.

If you do want safe guards. Then all hand guns MUST be stored under lock and key at a recognised and licensed shooting club. All ammunition MUST be purchased from said gun club.

I have signed the petition.

If were taking Olympics if hand guns are banned why not javelin, hammer and discus?

Well usually to my knowledge, the 97 percent gun crime your talking about, is usualy kept within themselves, either gang warfare, drugs and the likes..... the part that worried me is the 3 percent, which turns out to be the innocent, children, or just ordenary members of the public.

Its ok to say today this guy is ok, give him a license...but we have all gone through bad times in our lives..lets say we say yes, let the pistols become legal and licensed again, and we have another killing of children a few weeks after,...will you then come on here and say your wrong...

sean

Kept among themselves? So the 8year old child who had a gun stuck in his face as they stole his mum's car was a drug dealer presumably?