Petition the PM, on-line in 2 mins, to save the fish stocks

fishyrob

Of course anglers should be exempt as long they are not the cause for overfishing. Why do more harm to economy than necessary while rebulding stocks? I know how the commercials would feel about that but they have to change perception, it is not their fish but a common property!

Thats a bit unfair as you are removing the commercial catch from the public, fish and chip shops etc and giving it to the rca exclusive sector? What next give the rca a licence to sell?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. It is not to remove the commercial catch from the public but to save and rebuild the stocks to the benefit of fish exploiters and the public and the next generations. Is it fair to the recreational sector that the commercial sector overfish the stocks? s it fair to the recreational sector that the commercials lobby against any well-meaning measure to stop the depletion of the cod stocks (ICES has recommended zero cod cathes for many areas six years in a row but it never happened due to the commercials presure against it). Is it fair that the recreational sector has to pay for previous and present failures of managing the commercial sector? I think not!

I can't accept being wrong in this instance please show me where, differance of opinion maybe, if you rule out commercial you are taking away fish from the end user, public. Then the cost goes up merrygo round. The only over fishing, black economy excepted, is the suits in the eu. They control the fishing around our shores, they are who we are paying our taxes to and keeping in work and as you see it are not doing thier job. They are the ones who have the index linked pensions, etc etc,etc gravy train. They are the ones who you should be banging away at to change what you see as overfishing as they are the ones who control it. If you think that the problem requires attention now, it would be prudent to go straight to the man rather than go to his laky. the british goverment.

cheers barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I know a man whose great-grandfather was a sturgeon fisherman on the Medway, I remember a few being caught when I was a youngster, but they don't seem to be around much these days (though Germany is attempting to re-introduce them - fingers crossed).

Common skate don't seem to be so common these days.

And the shad, once a significant fishery is but a distant memory.

And some of the Recreational Sea Fisheries like cod from Southern beaches, plaice and flounder, are a shadow of what they were a few years ago.

Perhaps it's global warming Wurzel ?

But Leon,

none of the above have collapsed, some effected by global warming and perhaps fishing pressure, have decreased but none have collapsed or are likely to become extinct.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Of course anglers should be exempt as long they are not the cause for overfishing. Why do more harm to economy than necessary while rebulding stocks? I know how the commercials would feel about that but they have to change perception, it is not their fish but a common property!

The cause of over fishing is not at issue here. There is no over fishing any more, if there ever was, it's the way you or ICES want to rebuild stocks to a former level, if anglers are catching more than the under 10 meter sector then how can they not be included?

Look I personally don't give a damb what anglers catch. I am just trying to point out the implications of this petition, I don't see JB or Big cod clambering over each other to sign or calling for need of a total cod ban

I fish to live and live to fish.

Correct me if i'm wrong. My interpertation of this : which is right, the sub title states that the stock is recovering, next they remove a sector of fishermen from the equasion.

They take away the living and fishing rights of commercial and pass it on to the elite few who can afford to dress up in all the tweed with the hats as well. don't know what the future cost would be but i know it would be outside of my range. You can't tell me Henry that these netsmen where responsible for number 2 in your post. If netsmen are wrong your just as bad as you have jumped on the emotional band wagon instead of doing what is right and change the mismanagement. Your just like Mr Livingstone then Henry, price the normal people out of an area to be used by the few. It appears Henry you don't want to fix something but you want it all at the cost of someone else.

regards barry rsa angler.

p.s. the commercial fish would have been sold to the public in general, so now the salmon will go to the hooray Henry's (excuse the pun).

Barry,

It is somewhat unseemly of you to drop into the gutter with this argument. I fished several of the salmon rivers of Scotland for £10 per day, staying in a B & B, association waters and lochs.

Why that should be beyond the pockets of the normal mortals I don't know

I don't want anything at the cost of someone else. Albeit others at the cost of both the RSA and the Commercials, chasing stosks down to the last fish, have done so.

I am campaigning to give the stocks more of a chance than they get now. if they had this chance, 40,30,20 or even ten years ago the ICES would not be saying what they are to-day. RSAs would be catching many more fish, and I don't mean hordes of whiting, 20 years ago I used to catch far more Cod off the beach than whiting. As one species collapses another moves in to take advantage of the gap.

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

I can't accept being wrong in this instance please show me where, differance of opinion maybe, if you rule out commercial you are taking away fish from the end user, public. Then the cost goes up merrygo round. The only over fishing, black economy excepted, is the suits in the eu. They control the fishing around our shores, they are who we are paying our taxes to and keeping in work and as you see it are not doing thier job. They are the ones who have the index linked pensions, etc etc,etc gravy train. They are the ones who you should be banging away at to change what you see as overfishing as they are the ones who control it. If you think that the problem requires attention now, it would be prudent to go straight to the man rather than go to his laky. the british goverment.

cheers barry

Unfortunately the only voice we have in Europe, and I don't mean the pathetic attempts at democracy whereby we elect pigs to the European Trough every five years is through our own government. If 10% of the stakeholders in our fisheries stood up and yelled at the Government, we may have a chance of getting something done.

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

For a start cod ain't salmon.

Are you trying to preserve my way of life? what! the same way that the way of life of the salmon drift netters was preserved!!!?

Why don't you answer the questions in my last post?

after 50 years of unaldulterated mis-management of fish stock name one stock in the UK waters that have collapsed?

Try Tuna and Herring in the North Sea, Mackerel in the south west in the eighties, Cod in the North Sea and off Nova Scotia just to give two examples for that fish. In addition, at risk of being accused a Greenpeace maniac, which I am not, the puffin population due to over fishing of the Sandeel fisheries etc off the West Highlands, with also the consequent knock on effects on the fish stocks that rely on them, the blue shark population in the South West, mentioned earlier, need I go on.

Guest challenge
The cause of over fishing is not at issue here. There is no over fishing any more, if there ever was, it's the way you or ICES want to rebuild stocks to a former level, if anglers are catching more than the under 10 meter sector then how can they not be included?

Look I personally don't give a damb what anglers catch. I am just trying to point out the implications of this petition, I don't see JB or Big cod clambering over each other to sign or calling for need of a total cod ban

Of course there not going to clamber over each other to sign.

They have both just finished successful seasons fishing for cod.

It’s could be true now that through the summer months anglers are catching more cod than the commercials are doing.

What would be RSA and there representatives response be if there was (what ICES recommended) a total ban on catching cod.

Remember it’s the government that sponsors ICES when it comes to gathering recommendable evidence; therefore they can quote that evidence in any way they whish. I.e. if you want 5 and they want 10 then 0 is a good bartering place to start.

Regards.

Barry,

It is somewhat unseemly of you to drop into the gutter with this argument. I fished several of the salmon rivers of Scotland for £10 per day, staying in a B & B, association waters and lochs.

Why that should be beyond the pockets of the normal mortals I don't know

I don't want anything at the cost of someone else. Albeit others at the cost of both the RSA and the Commercials, chasing stosks down to the last fish, have done so.

I am campaigning to give the stocks more of a chance than they get now. if they had this chance, 40,30,20 or even ten years ago the ICES would not be saying what they are to-day. RSAs would be catching many more fish, and I don't mean hordes of whiting, 20 years ago I used to catch far more Cod off the beach than whiting. As one species collapses another moves in to take advantage of the gap.

Was it any good though Henry, paying that cost is the differance between going to tesco's or harrods if you want to get personal. You do want something at the cost of other people, are you willing to subsidise the commercial sector and subsidise the public while you give your ten year period a try, not knowing if it will be sucsessfull or not?

A bit dramatic isn,t it where you state down to the last fish, is that not a little bit of an exaggeration? Ices would be saying the same thing in ten years as now, it will be other eu countries helping themselves to the fish stocks, you voted them in didn't you? If the current eu rulers are in place after ten years you certainly will not see any benifit of closed areas as any fish will be going to the eu and so why should you. Campaign to vote them out if you don't like it, nothing else would do any good.

cheers barry

Unfortunately the only voice we have in Europe, and I don't mean the pathetic attempts at democracy whereby we elect pigs to the European Trough every five years is through our own government. If 10% of the stakeholders in our fisheries stood up and yelled at the Government, we may have a chance of getting something done.

Henry, the first part of your pargrath is pessimistic and the second part is being optomistic. Sure you don't want to change it around?