fishing holidays france/ spain

pete carroll

It appears my usual trip to india has been cancelled and i am looking for info on other options for something alittle closer to home. we are a group of about 6 with varied levels of experience and interests.

general feeling is a holiday on the banks of a river or mixed fishery with easy access. with toe ption to live in a bit of luxury and enjoy a bacchanalian / bon viveur lifestyle.

anyone with any suggestions

hi pete, there is a poster on here called"budgie", that would be able to give you plenty of info on fishing the Ebro, in cataluña if that interests you.i belive budgie did a lot of time working as a guide there, and was very experienced, re the area.

alternatively, there is a guy called gary smith, who lives in the murcia region, that has a good reputation, regarding fishing holidays etc.he has contacts with some guys running fishing breaks in places like extremadura(halfway up spain, on the left, near the portuguese border!).

i have no financial conection with any of this, i just know that the guy has a good reputation, and does things properly regarding licences etc.try...

www.garysmithfishing.com

best wishes dave. :)

Edited by captain cojones

Hi Peter,as has been mentioned I used to guide on the Ebro.Also as well as living in France and guiding on the Saone for a couple of years Ive done quite a lot of fishing through out Europe.

If you could give me some idea of what sort of fishing trip/holiday you would like the most ie species,methods,weather conditions,accomodation preferences/bivvy up,catering then let me know and I can make a few suggestions.If any take your fancy I can gladly give you all the relevant details re travell,locations,tackle requirements,licences,even exact swims! what ever.

Also I asume from your origonal post that you would prefer a more relaxed type of trip than a "hardcore fishing" one? Guys after my own heart these days! Mind you you can still have some great fishing and a good time if you get the planning right!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks for the replies

Indeed we are looking for something laid back and dont fancy joining the masses emptying sacks of halibut pellets and queueing up for known pegs (or is it not like that).

A cottage in spain or france on the banks of a river or substantial lake with mixed fishing would be ideal . giving those that are fanatical easy access and those that drink too much red wine the facility to stroll down at leisure. without the hassle of logistics and swapping cars and whose got whose gear etc.

If you could also give us guaranteed sun a swimming pool and access to a bus load of Nymphomaniac swedish cookery students it would be ideal

thanks again for your help