Guernsey Bass Fishing

FishingGuernsey

Hi all,

I know this may turn political but i wanted to let the majority who may not visit the other forum that the catching of the breeding shoals of Bass off Guernsey's coast has started again, earlier this year, big numbers of fish heavy in roe are now being caught by the commercials, they are even going out in the force 9's we currently have so that has to say something. If you want to write to the press as has happenned in previous years, please do to mailto:newsroom@guernsey-press.com.

Cheers

Andy

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Hi all,

I know this may turn political but i wanted to let the majority who may not visit the other forum that the catching of the breeding shoals of Bass off Guernsey's coast has started again, earlier this year, big numbers of fish heavy in roe are now being caught by the commercials, they are even going out in the force 9's we currently have so that has to say something. If you want to write to the press as has happenned in previous years, please do to mailto:newsroom@guernsey-press.com.

Cheers

Andy

:clap2: I understand the Guernsey press are on the side of the commercials against the anglers so not a lot of point in writing to them. :angry:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 25 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: I understand the Guernsey press are on the side of the commercials against the anglers so not a lot of point in writing to them. :angry:

Still worth writing Norm. Their reporting is often heavily slanted but they've published a lot of letters over the last couple of years that don't coincide with the views of the commercial lobby.

How many boats are involved and are they just locals?

I think only a handful, it's been rough as anything recently. There could be up to 25 boats, mostly with 1 or 2 guys on board. It all depends on the price bass is fetching, and how their usual methods of fishing are going, some have been saying they won't bother if the price falls through the floor as usual. It'll be local boatys at the moment, with a couple of UK and Jersey boats later on probably. Basically, it's the Guernsey version of the Portland Race commercial rod'n'line fishery.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Including one Jersey Charter Boat who I believe has a Guernsey commercial license now?

Short termism at is very best I believe.

No doubt in a few years they will need a subsidy when the fish are gone.

B.A.S.S. member

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 25 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously, where did you get that information from Norm b , there has not been any reporting or any real posts since april of this year? Are the suits getting in by the back door at the last minute?

cheers barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The main problem with letters getting printed in the press is everything else that's going on in the island. a few local politicians have really messed up and it has created a lot of response and these letters get in first. there is an individual at the press who may be partly responsible for the lack of letters making print on fishing issues but i am not going to say anything and have no evidence of this making any difference but i have ways to get a letter printed as is. It's all about contacts on this island...

The main problem with letters getting printed in the press is everything else that's going on in the island. a few local politicians have really messed up and it has created a lot of response and these letters get in first. there is an individual at the press who may be partly responsible for the lack of letters making print on fishing issues but i am not going to say anything and have no evidence of this making any difference but i have ways to get a letter printed as is. It's all about contacts on this island...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 25 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Seriously, where did you get that information from Norm b , there has not been any reporting or any real posts since april of this year? Are the suits getting in by the back door at the last minute?

cheers barry

Barry,

There was one printed last Monday. You can read it at- http://www.thisisguernsey.com/discus/messa...html?1164034039