How to cut Cuttlefish

Stoaty

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you Guys have A oriental whole saler near you ( I dont mean a Thia brothel) try them. The See Woo Near me has them fresh and frozen The frozen ones are ready cleaned As a tipping bait its great and being meater than Sqiud Holds up to shreding fron pin Whiting and crab For a bit longer alowing you to keep a baited hook in the water a bit longer.

Got these from the local Chinese Supermarket for £5 (4). Don't know how much head and guts there is left till I open them, but tentacles are still there. Was just going to stick one on a pennel rig till I saw this post (still might), but least I know about other options. Top post :thumbs:

Cuttle.jpg

Wouldnt waste them as bait, Sepia a la Plancha is one of my favourites

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Wouldnt waste them as bait, Sepia a la Plancha is one of my favourites

:clap2: I'm quite partial to cuttle as a meal too, I often use the ones I bring back. :clap2:

I'd LOVE to be able to forward a link to this post to someone like Paul McCartney

:clap2: Why, is he an angler too? :clap2:

Use them for bait? I eat them!! :D;):rolleyes: Seems odd to use a quality food to catch another quality food!!

Great post though, and when I have used them I cut them up like that, squid much the same.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Well, I'm open to suggestions. What would you use to catch double figure cod?

Well I dont eat lug or peelers so you could try them!! Mind you I think Ziggy does!!

Dan;

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Well I dont eat lug or peelers so you could try them!! Mind you I think Ziggy does!!

Dan;

Yes, well I'm going on the theory that big baits catch big fish. However, mashed peeler/lug would probably make a good stuffing. A tip I got recently was to sew up any left over ragworm into the cavity for extra scent.

I'll let you know how I get on. Maybe I'll be able to cut you a nice slice of humble pie, after you've finished eating your words :yeah:;):D

Tight lines :thumbs: