thames estuary fishing report

Matt Baldwin

Tony U, 5 Bellies and I was joined by 2 other medway anglers whom were Hugh, Tony G and my dad Mick, went boat fishing yesterday (2nd Dec.) into the thames estuary from the medway.

We all met up about 9.30pm on Gillingham pier and picked the boat up (the Mizzles) at 9.45am on the same pier.

We steamed out to a mark near Shoeburyness. Fish started coming up within minutes of bait hitting the sea bed with most fish being of a keepable size. Whiting was the fish most caught on the day with some fish approaching the 2lb mark with 1 or 2 just scraping over. We also had 9 coddling to 4.5lb's, 2 skate boat around 6lb, 5 Dabs, 2 Pouting, a dozen of doggies and plagues by whiting.

we then moved bck into the Medway and fished 'the black stakes' opposite Grain where i had 2 keeper coddling around 3lb's on whole squid pennel rigged.

Weather was overall very pleasant with low winds and calmish sea's.

Bait for the day was Squid with whole squid sorting out the bigger fish, lugworm, mackeral and another fish bait Tony G was using that i cannot remember.

A great day out by all.

Matt

p.s feel free to add bits Tony U and Chris (5 Bellies)

Hia's All

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tony U, 5 Bellies and I was joined by 2 other medway anglers whom were Hugh, Tony G and my dad Mick, went boat fishing yesterday (2nd Dec.) into the thames estuary from the medway.

We all met up about 9.30pm on Gillingham pier and picked the boat up (the Mizzles) at 9.45am on the same pier.

We steamed out to a mark near Shoeburyness. Fish started coming up within minutes of bait hitting the sea bed with most fish being of a keepable size. Whiting was the fish most caught on the day with some fish approaching the 2lb mark with 1 or 2 just scraping over. We also had 9 coddling to 4.5lb's, 2 skate boat around 6lb, 5 Dabs, 2 Pouting, a dozen of doggies and plagues by whiting.

we then moved bck into the Medway and fished 'the black stakes' opposite Grain where i had 2 keeper coddling around 3lb's on whole squid pennel rigged.

Weather was overall very pleasant with low winds and calmish sea's.

Bait for the day was Squid with whole squid sorting out the bigger fish, lugworm, mackeral and another fish bait Tony G was using that i cannot remember.

A great day out by all.

Matt

p.s feel free to add bits Tony U and Chris (5 Bellies)

Nice one mate, good to get out...the sea is like hell here in the channel! :schmoll:

Cracking Days fishing Matt,

With Good friendly company

No records broken but mostly a fish A chuck.

Thank you for the invitation Matt And Tony U We must Have A Tope session early June That should be a chuckle.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

defo chris.

was a great day out.

was wandering how everyone would get on, didnt need to worry as everyone got on very well apart from us giving the crew stick after catching the 3 biggest fish in the estuary.

lol

matt

Hia's All

Matt

Tony G was using Sardine to tip off his lugworm bait and the Whiting loved it.

Would not like to cast it very far though.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.