going fishin

carphead07

hi all

i just want to tell you that i'm going fishing this weekend and that i need some information on type of place it

is. right its off a bridge with fast running water and a muddy bottom and also the water can be quite rough

question 1: what type of fish could i catch around this time of year there ?

question 2: what baits and methods should i use for catching the fish

tight lines everbody thanx

mike finlay

mike finlay the carpinator

hi all

i just want to tell you that i'm going fishing this weekend and that i need some information on type of place it

is. right its off a bridge with fast running water and a muddy bottom and also the water can be quite rough

question 1: what type of fish could i catch around this time of year there ?

question 2: what baits and methods should i use for catching the fish

tight lines everbody thanx

mike finlay

Mike. think you may just have to give a bit more info than that, " off a bridge" ?? So are most suicide jumpers (commonly called failed match anglers :clap2::clap2: ) What bridge, what (assume ) river, estuary ? Could be looking at flatties, dogs ??????? Kincarding bridge in Scotland has good flatties, occasional coalie etc and odd chance of a salmon or seatrout???? Def need more info.

Stan

sorry about that

its like a river but its sea and theres habours on each sides of it

and my m8 says he's seen bass jumpig there (basshead07)

and were not actually fishing off the bridge. the bridge is next 2 us on the right

information as soon as possible as im going on saturday

i'll type a report on how it was

thnx

Edited by carphead07

hes talking about the eastern bridge near southsea / langstone / portchester its in the middle of allot of places

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Hi all heres how the day went...

we (carphead07 & myself) got up at 07:00 and quickly took the dog out we came back with the dog and got all of our kit in the car and off we went. We arrived at the location at about 08:10 and rigged up with a 2 hook paternoster rig size 2 hooks and 1 1/2 oz wheights and baited up with ragworm (quite small ones but very wriggly) in the hope of some flounder.

2 hours went by with not a touch but there were allot of bass jumping and suddenly i heard a clicking noise (being the line being taken) i turned round only to find my rod was nearly in the water i struck it and it was on it was still taking line but eventually i got it in and it came out as a 3lb winter bass which i will have for my dinner as i do not keep many fish. 5 minutes later mike had his first fish of 3 oz wrasse which returned in full health. but for the rest of the day we hadn't got a touch but there was still movement from bass.

Just one of those days...

all in all tho a very good day for me as this was my second sea fishing trip this year so i was very pleased :)

Tight Lines all!

jay harris

P.S i think ive found my dream sea fishing spot easy access, good fish, 2 minutes from the home.... RESULT

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hi all

just wanted 2 say in the summer wen theres good tides its going 2 be a hotspot there

and me and basshead07 cnt wait if we get any pictures of the location i'll send them in

the location is southsea?near fratton easton bridge