Advice on teaching behavioural child to carp fish

smalltincup

Hi All

Took the first group of kids out today, the weather was ok, at least it did not rain. :sun:

It went really well both the boys caught in the region of 20 roach and rudd, couple of really nice fish to were caught. :clap2:

We had set up one carp rod which had been really quite all session, we were only there for 3 hrs so I had not expected to catch a carp. We had cleared away, and left the carp rod out just in case. Just as the boys were getting in the car to go back to school the carp rod came to life and we netted a 5lb common. :bigemo_harabe_net-193:

A great session they really enjoyed the fishing and enjoyed doing it.

Thanks again for the advice it made for a very successful and enjoyable fishing session.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Went out on my second fishing trip today. Only one of the two childern turned up.

We fished the same pond and had

3 carp ranging from 3-4 lbs

6 skimmer bream, nice fish

15 -20 rudd and roach

A good weeks fishing and the childern all really enjoyed it, had one lad today ask me if we could go fishing every week, which was nice to hear. Makes you think that all the trouble of organsing a fishing trip is actual worth it. (Any body who works with childern will know what i mean)

Thanks again guys for all the help and advice made a real difference to the trip.

Happy Xmas to one and all

STC

cool that's good to hear that more kids are gettong into fishing. do you think that you will do it again and take other kids fishing? :thumbs:

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

Hi All

After christmas i start work at a referal Unit for behavioural difficulty childern. What I hope is that i will be able to make this a more permanent event.

I think its important to give them something else to do, alot of the childern I work with do not have a hobby as such, it gives them a break form the class room and a chance to try something new or some thing that they have done very little of before. I now that there is a special organisation that uses fishing to help childern with behavioural problems.

The two groups that I took out really had a good time and they have all asked if they can go out again in the future. The problem I have is that fishing can be an expensive hobby, and this impacts on these child as often they have little or no money.

In the future I hope to collect some second hand fishing equipment and use it for taking out groups. In the new year I plan to ask my lopcal fishing shops for any assisstance that they could give me.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys it made a great difference

STC

A Merry Xmas to you all :roll1:

Edited by smalltincup

But if any one has any other ideas, please let me know.

When I go for a carp session in addition to my gear I take some bird feeders - fat balls, peanut bags etc - depending on the time of year, and a guide to GB plant/wildlife.

Feeding the inquisitive Robin or looking up the unusual green spider helps me pass the time

:-)

Tony

Tony