Camera advice please.

Cranfield

I have a Kodak EasyShare C875 which is driving me mad.

After taking a picture, it often turns itself off immediately , as though the battery is low (which it isn't).

Sometimes , I have to take the batteries out, wait awhile, replace them and reset the camera before it will work .

I have read the booklet thoroughly and can't see what the solution is.

I am also fed up with the fact that you have to wait to "approve" a picture, before taking another one, which means you miss a few chances of a better shot.

As I intend to replace this camera can anyone please recommend a camera of a similar quality/price, that does not have the picture "approve" obligation ?

Any assistance would be appreciated, as usual.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I'm not sure but I did once have a problem with the camera shutting down as soon as I went to take a photo. We were away camping at the time and thought it might be the batteries. We bought some new ones but it did the same thing. When we got back to town we found out the it was in fact the batteries. The ones we bought were not up to the task for a digital camera. They'd work in a clock or a tv remote but not a camera. Everything was fine after we got the right batteries.

Hope thats some help. Its an easy fix if it is.

rb_getcreative.gif

Cranfield

I have a Digital SLR a Canon EOS300D up for sale (not expensive), at the moment which would cure that problem and offer s lot more flexibility than the Kodak PM me if you are interested.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Thanks Tony, but being a complete novice and a "luddite", I need something that is far simpler and will fit easily into my pocket (which is the only good thing I have found with the Kodak C875 :) ).

The only thing that I can think of if there is nothing wrong with the settings on the camera is that there is a problem with the memory card and the camera is writing pics to it's own internal memory instead, this will take a long time compared to writing to a flash card, not sure if it explains everything though. It sounds more like there is something wrong with the camera.

Lots of good reviews here if you're looking for a new camera.

Cannon Ixus series... great image quality, it will show you the pic you just took, but start taking another and it goes back to taking a pic.

For the price, I dont personaly think they can be beaten.

There are 2 ranges tho, a good and a cheap one... cant remember which is which, but price will tell

Edited by Chris W

Thanks for the advice and I intend looking at the Canon range.

I took the offending item into a camera shop this morning and they confirmed other opinions I have received that it is a battery problem.

Apparently Kodak cameras do not operate efficiently on alkaline batteries, even if they are the long life ones and brand new.

The preferred batteries are the Kodak rechargeable ones. :rolleyes:

The camera has to go.

Which they wanted to sell you most likely

They most certainly did and what was also not surprising, they had heard my complaint many, many times. <_<

They most certainly did and what was also not surprising, they had heard my complaint many, many times. <_<

Go into Aldi and look for the Tronic 2500 Ah rechargeable AAA batteries. They only cost about £4 for a pack of four.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.