Fur and feather - not a bad days work!

RUDD

:thumbs:

Fished our clubs fur and feather match last Sunday. 5.00 entry fee

After several very harsh frost and with blazing sunshine and no wind I knew it would be hard.

At the draw being match sec I always take the last peg in the bag.

With two left it was either a half decent roach peg on the bottom lake or a peg on the rock hard middle pool.

I was left with the middle pool.

Barring a miricle I knew I was fishing for the middle pool dection win.

I took a rudd and three tiny perch on the feeder in the 1st hour then dropped a worm in my margin snag that holds big perch. I had an instant bite and white hydro flew out of the pole. I lost a good fish as the hook parted!!!!!

For the next three hours I took tiny perch on a 10m line along with two small roach (one came off as I swung it in! With half an hour to go in went another worm amongst the snags and out came a perch of aroung a pound in weight.

I won the section by 10 ounces with an arm wrenching 1lb 15oz!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won a tenner for my efforts, a fiver of which went on raffle prizes.

In the raffle I won a bottle of white, a bottle of red, a bottle of bucks fizz and a bottle of champagne!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad day in the end.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Sounds a bit like the start of my last Saturday afternoon trip, with only very small perch and roach on the bottom. It was a sunny and calm day, switching to mixers on the surface resulted in 4 carp between 6lb and 12lb in the last two hours before dark :D.