Video Card Help Required

jedibond

Hello all,

How do I find out what type of video card I've got installed on my pc ? Apparently I need to update the drivers and it's a bit hard to do if I don't know which card I've got !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Hi Ian ....

Start/All Programmes/Accessories/System Tools/System Information/Components/Display

Good Luck !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Mmmm, tried that and does nothing. Hourglass appears as if it's doing something then nothing, same thing happens with going into Windows Media Player. Might take the PC in to work to see if the techies can see what's wrong.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Download Everest Free Edition it will show whats in your PC inc serial numbers ,

it gives you links to manufacturers site for driver downloads

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Download Everest Free Edition it will show whats in your PC inc serial numbers ,

it gives you links to manufacturers site for driver downloads

Hiya, yep, Everest is a cracking bit of kit, it showed me what type memory I had in this old PC, so I could upgrade it, only thing is, the wee popup asking you to buy it, but well worth the money....i.e. FREE !!!!! :clap2: :clap2: for 30 days anyway....

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, yep, Everest is a cracking bit of kit, it showed me what type memory I had in this old PC, so I could upgrade it, only thing is, the wee popup asking you to buy it, but well worth the money....i.e. FREE !!!!! :clap2: :clap2: for 30 days anyway....

Norrie if you delete the program, then shredd the file ,

then reinstall it gives you another 30 days etc..etc . or download version 2.0 it will remain free all the time.

ps have a good newyear

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 2 weeks later...
right click on desktop/properties/settings should be listed along with what monitor you have

That only gives very basic info. The easiest way to find info about your system is to open a Microsoft Application, Word for instance, open the help menu, select "About Microsoft Word" and click the "System Info" tab at the bottom of the panel that opens. You'll see the same sort of info Dxdiag displays but you are less likely to accidentally type in something wrong and run something dangerous!