DRAG

BUMPER

BUMPER:

HELLO EVERYONE HOW DO YOU SET THE DRAG ON A MULTIPLER REEL.AND WHATS ITS PURPOSE.

THANKS EVERYONE

Ant T is on the right track for setting your darg.

Set your rod up for fishing as normal, if you are using mono you have stretch in the line as well as the flexability of the rod and the control using your arms and hands.

How I taught Sonja to use the above was to give her the rod while I took the line and acted out the part of a fish by pulling line off while walking away and then letting her pump the "fish".

It looked a bit silly on the river bank but it paid off, her first Carp was 16lbs on 8lbs line.

A good question and it is nice to see it.

Tight lines.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:

HELLO EVERYONE HOW DO YOU SET THE DRAG ON A MULTIPLER REEL.AND WHATS ITS PURPOSE.

THANKS EVERYONE

Ant T is on the right track for setting your darg.

Set your rod up for fishing as normal, if you are using mono you have stretch in the line as well as the flexability of the rod and the control using your arms and hands.

How I taught Sonja to use the above was to give her the rod while I took the line and acted out the part of a fish by pulling line off while walking away and then letting her pump the "fish".

It looked a bit silly on the river bank but it paid off, her first Carp was 16lbs on 8lbs line.

As for its purpose, imagine you are winding in a hefty pollock, it is going to dive back to the bottom, there has to be a buffer to take the shock, part is the rod/line/you the main bit is that the reel/clutch/drag will "give" line under pressure but you still have control. You can then pump and wind and when he sees your mug he can dive again.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

A good question and it is nice to see it.

Tight lines.

Alan(nl)

Ant T:

I thought I just about had the gist of it Alan!     :)    

Hi Ant T, you did but that is the great thing about anglers net, you can get the same answer to a question but different ways of explaining it.

I also emailed him and suggested he read my article on skate fishing with Davy Holt, Leviathans from the deep, Davy has his drag set so well that you could pull a submarine up :P

What I liked was that the question was asked in the first place. Some time ago we had a comment passed on here about asking questions and some one came up with " the person that asks a question may feel stupid for a few minutes but the person the does not ask the question remains stupid for the rest of there life". Someone will probably give the original version.

Oh by the way, welcome to AN, let us know a bit about yourself, type of fishing, gay, married, location etc etc. We are a bit like a family on here, lots of fun, love, hate, fight, education, help etc etc.

Tight lines.

Alan(nl)

22 years old, recently graduated from Northumbria University with a BEng Mchanical Design Technology. Looking for a job, but don't drive so it's limiting my chances a bit. Not to keen in going straight into anything yet anyway after 20 years of education I need a rest! Not married not looking too either! Regular at Eltons NESA and have met plenty of the lads off there, to fish/drink together.

Sea fish and fly fish(so I could do it in the sea! ), prefer sea fishing though. Was club champion last year at the Cleadon SAC in South Shields, Tyne & Wear, but I'm not fishing because of all of the whinging involved in the whole setup.

Always ask if I don't know anything, remembering that "shy bairns get nowt!"

I think that's about it?...................... :P

chesters1:

"Good drags aren't so bad as the composit washers have greater grip. Plus, salty water in around the washers (and handle bearing on multi's) can corrode them over time."

hence loosening them after washing    :confused:

But loosening fully allows the water to seep into the space created by loosening. Keeping it a bit tight means there's no space between washers for any water (salt or fresh). Catch my drift?

Neil.

To add a tad of Chinese philosophy. `No good buying map, if you`re lost. Much better to ask, where am I first. Then map may not be needed?`

God, you can be deep at times.LOL

:o Paul. :o

We don`t use J`s anymore!!