Bantams!

lyn

Liam read on the net that that hens & cocks are born different colours and ours are both black with white breasts. I thinks they are going to have fluffy legs, won't have a clue which breed they are until they are full grown I suppose. Got them some proper food today, that was not an easy task :headhurt:

Both are still doing well, going to get them out of the airing cupboard and into a bigger box under a lamp tomorrow.

lyn

Only some breeds are sexually identifiable at birth Lyn, most you will have to wait about 5 weeks to tell.

Ideally you should have got "chick crumbs" for them you will need to feed them on that for 6-8 weeks depending on ambient temperature and then switch over slowly to 'rearers'.

HV

You have 29 cocks? what breeding plan are you on mate?

It's called "Bad Luck", just checked on my latest hatch, looks like I have 41 cock birds now. :wallbash:

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• 2 months later...

Well just our luck that both turned out to be cockerals!! They are getting quite noisy and as we only have a small garden surrounded by other houses they have to go :(

We have grown really fond of them and I am trying to find them a new home. They are great with kids and I can supply the hutch & run to go with them. They are really nice with shiney black/blue feathers and bright brown heads. They have feathers on their legs but I can't find a breed that looks like them.

If anyone is interested please pm a phone number and I will give you call. I can deliver within reason.

HEEEELP!!!

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Well just our luck that both turned out to be cockerals!! They are getting quite noisy and as we only have a small garden surrounded by other houses they have to go :(

We have grown really fond of them and I am trying to find them a new home. They are great with kids and I can supply the hutch & run to go with them. They are really nice with shiney black/blue feathers and bright brown heads. They have feathers on their legs but I can't find a breed that looks like them.

If anyone is interested please pm a phone number and I will give you call. I can deliver within reason.

HEEEELP!!!

lyn

Coq au Vin? Cock-a-leekie-soup? ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote