Scotty rod holders

jonnyboy

Ok, so i am about to bang in an order to hook 1 for some scotty rod holders (the strength of the pound makes it sensless to buy them in this country - sorry bournemouth canoes!)

I want the power lock model (i think) but need to know which "hardware" kit to get with it. Do i want the taper screw kit or the the other one with washers and locking nuts etc.

Cheers for helping guys, pretty soon i'll have plucked up the courage to drill that first hole in my beloved yak!!! :headhurt:

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

Ok, so i am about to bang in an order to hook 1 for some scotty rod holders (the strength of the pound makes it sensless to buy them in this country - sorry bournemouth canoes!)

I want the power lock model (i think) but need to know which "hardware" kit to get with it. Do i want the taper screw kit or the the other one with washers and locking nuts etc.

Cheers for helping guys, pretty soon i'll have plucked up the courage to drill that first hole in my beloved yak!!! :headhurt:

Washers and locking nuts!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Washers and locking nuts!

Hardware set E :thumbs:

That is to mount in footwells or up front?

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Hardware set E :thumbs:

That is to mount in footwells or up front?

need to be mounted up front, i'm 6'4" and the footwell is a bit of a squeeze as it is!!!

is there anything else i should consider while i'm ordering from there, any cool gadgets thatyou cant live without!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

need to be mounted up front, i'm 6'4" and the footwell is a bit of a squeeze as it is!!!

is there anything else i should consider while i'm ordering from there, any cool gadgets thatyou cant live without!!

I ordered lots of different clips and some bungee, always come in handy to tie everything down and make leashes very cheap.

I ordered some spare nuts and bolts too

Depends on how you want to set-up your yak really

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I ordered lots of different clips and some bungee, always come in handy to tie everything down and make leashes very cheap.

I ordered some spare nuts and bolts too

Depends on how you want to set-up your yak really

Cheers pal

I'll have a more indepth poke about their website over lunch and not when im supposed to be writing reports!!!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Cheers pal

I'll have a more indepth poke about their website over lunch and not when im supposed to be writing reports!!!!

I have got an Igloo marine coolbox to modify and kit out so I have bought lots of fixtures and fittings to do it.

They always come in handy and are cheap enough!

The trouble with rod holders is that there are so many options. I bought the powerlock ones and put in the footwell, however being a short ar*e I struggle to reach forward to put rods in. Would be better if i chop rod butt a little shorter

I was thinking of getting some gimbal mounts and putting rod holders in them with a rod holder on coolbox when paddling

decisions decisions

Edited by s2vto

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I have got an Igloo marine coolbox to modify and kit out so I have bought lots of fixtures and fittings to do it.

They always come in handy and are cheap enough!

The trouble with rod holders is that there are so many options. I bought the powerlock ones and put in the footwell, however being a short ar*e I struggle to reach forward to put rods in. Would be better if i chop rod butt a little shorter

I was thinking of getting some gimbal mounts and putting rod holders in them with a rod holder on coolbox when paddling

decisions decisions

Gimbal mounts??!"!!!! i didnt see those, is that those ball joint looking things, they look much more what i was after but couldnt really fathom what they were!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Gimbal mounts??!"!!!! i didnt see those, is that those ball joint looking things, they look much more what i was after but couldnt really fathom what they were!!

Probably worth ordering a packet or two of the klamptite rivets. You never know when you might want to mount something somewhere you can't gain access from underneath. I used them for my RAM tubes just in front of the flush mounts.

They are the things that go inside the standard kayak rod mounts behind the seat

they take any scotty product

I am sure they are gimbal mounts, must check...

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse