Fishing In Murcia Spain & Licences

pescador

This an article I wrote for one of our local papers last year. It explains in a little more detail about the licence requirments if your fishing in the Murcian Region of Southern Spain. More info is available on www.garysmithfishing.com

Captain Cojones and myself feel this may be of some use as the requirments are similar in the Alicante / Valencian Region also.

The Seprona & Licences

In the Carp R Us report there is a mention of the Seprona checking fishing licences at Embalse de Argos near Valentin in north east Murcia. You may well be wondering who are the Seprona and what have fishing licences got to do with them? The Seprona are the The Nature Protection Service of the Guardia Civil. It is amongst their duties to check fishing licences and basically everything else to do with fishing both pleasure and commercial. It is the law in Spain that you have a licence that must be carried with you, together with another valid form of identification, to fish the many lakes, rivers, certain sea shores or from a boat at sea. I have covered the importance of having a correct and up-to-date fishing licence many times over the past eighteen months but still I get many e-mails and phone calls on the subject. It is now no excuse to not have a licence through lack of knowledge, information is available regarding obtaining licences through many channels such as the Ministry of The Interior, the fishing clubs such as Carp R Us, Rod & Reel, Alcalali or Club de Pesca Puerto de Mazarron will all make sure you have the correct licence to fish as a member of their clubs. My own company Gary Smith Fishing S.L. will obtain licences for you if you wish, details are on the website www.garysmithfishing.com Be under no illusion, if you are asked to produce a licence and validate who you are when fishing, by a patrol, and you cannot, you will be reported and fined. The statistics show that in the Valencian and Murcian Regions alone just under fourteen thousand reports a year are recorded by the force. The Carp R Us club members licences were all checked together with their identities to match and the officers went away happy that all were in order. Peter Waylett, spokesman for the club, said he was happy to see them out and about doing their job.

It is no good us all moaning that there are no fish because reservoirs or rivers are being netted or fish are being taken for the pot if we are not prepared to pay a small fee towards the Seprona who are trying to control these very breaches of the law on our behalf. The Seprona are also regular visitors to the shore fishing fraternity and not only check licences but will check your bucket to make sure any fish kept for the pot are over the minimum sizes for the species laid down in the law. I will cover minimum sizes again over the next couple of weeks.

The Seprona also uphold law on matters such as water pollution, illegal hunting, illegal baits, transportation of animals, illegal camping, fires, sanitary laws and anything else to do with the preservation of nature.

Gary Smith

Gary Smith

Crowle North Lincolnshire UK / Maldives / Puerto De Mazarron Murcia Spain

Gary Smith Fishing

Maldives Fishing Holidays

Fishing 7 Lakes

This an article I wrote for one of our local papers last year. It explains in a little more detail about the licence requirments if your fishing in the Murcian Region of Southern Spain. More info is available on www.garysmithfishing.com

Captain Cojones and myself feel this may be of some use as the requirments are similar in the Alicante / Valencian Region also.

The Seprona & Licences

In the Carp R Us report there is a mention of the Seprona checking fishing licences at Embalse de Argos near Valentin in north east Murcia. You may well be wondering who are the Seprona and what have fishing licences got to do with them? The Seprona are the The Nature Protection Service of the Guardia Civil. It is amongst their duties to check fishing licences and basically everything else to do with fishing both pleasure and commercial. It is the law in Spain that you have a licence that must be carried with you, together with another valid form of identification, to fish the many lakes, rivers, certain sea shores or from a boat at sea. I have covered the importance of having a correct and up-to-date fishing licence many times over the past eighteen months but still I get many e-mails and phone calls on the subject. It is now no excuse to not have a licence through lack of knowledge, information is available regarding obtaining licences through many channels such as the Ministry of The Interior, the fishing clubs such as Carp R Us, Rod & Reel, Alcalali or Club de Pesca Puerto de Mazarron will all make sure you have the correct licence to fish as a member of their clubs. My own company Gary Smith Fishing S.L. will obtain licences for you if you wish, details are on the website www.garysmithfishing.com Be under no illusion, if you are asked to produce a licence and validate who you are when fishing, by a patrol, and you cannot, you will be reported and fined. The statistics show that in the Valencian and Murcian Regions alone just under fourteen thousand reports a year are recorded by the force. The Carp R Us club members licences were all checked together with their identities to match and the officers went away happy that all were in order. Peter Waylett, spokesman for the club, said he was happy to see them out and about doing their job.

It is no good us all moaning that there are no fish because reservoirs or rivers are being netted or fish are being taken for the pot if we are not prepared to pay a small fee towards the Seprona who are trying to control these very breaches of the law on our behalf. The Seprona are also regular visitors to the shore fishing fraternity and not only check licences but will check your bucket to make sure any fish kept for the pot are over the minimum sizes for the species laid down in the law. I will cover minimum sizes again over the next couple of weeks.

The Seprona also uphold law on matters such as water pollution, illegal hunting, illegal baits, transportation of animals, illegal camping, fires, sanitary laws and anything else to do with the preservation of nature.

Gary Smith

:clap2: I think we could do with something like that here. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 21 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: I think we could do with something like that here. :clap2:

Yes Norm B it is meant to be contolling the small amount who take everything for the pot. Hard to enforce but they are doing their best and when they are on an enduro bike and have a gun it does get the message home a little quicker!!!

Gary

post-11283-1169389902_thumb.jpg

Gary Smith

Gary Smith Fishing

Fishing 7 Lakes

The Seprona & Licences

Gary Smith

Hi equally, who checks the commercial sector. Thanks

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi equally, who checks the commercial sector. Thanks

Hi Barry

I just set out to provide a little information for holidaying anglers and ex pats about the licencing requirments for pleasure angling down here. The commercial sector is something that I personally cannot comment on as I have no involment in the field. I think we all know that the Spanish fishing fleet have a certain notoriety and it is a political hot potato. I posted the article as another post was asking about fishing in Murcia.

Gary Smith

Gary Smith

Gary Smith Fishing

Fishing 7 Lakes

My neighbour has wedged in ANOTHER holiday the swine.Off to Gran Canaria a week tomorrow. How and where does he obtain the licence and how much does it cost?? He is off to Malaga in March,does he need a separate licence there??

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

My neighbour has wedged in ANOTHER holiday the swine.Off to Gran Canaria a week tomorrow. How and where does he obtain the licence and how much does it cost?? He is off to Malaga in March,does he need a separate licence there??

Hi Snatcher

All the different regions of Spain have a seperate licence. I currently hold 7 for all the areas I fish.

They are not expensive around 5 euros but it is the hassle obtaining one that is usually the problem, finding goverment issuing offices etc.

The Canaries will have a licence of its own and the best way is to enquire at a local tackle shop who may well obtain one for him. Malaga is a seperate licence and again if time is short ask at a local tackle shop, but he may in that Region need proof that he is an angler in the UK so take a copy of that licence with him.

I only deal with Murcian licences as we go and get them for vistors before they arrive from the government offices.

If he is visiting friends or relatives then he can obtain a licence before arrival from www.geslicencias.com but it is a lot more expensive.

Hope this is of some help.

Gary Smith

Gary Smith

Gary Smith Fishing

Fishing 7 Lakes

Hi Barry

I just set out to provide a little information for holidaying anglers and ex pats about the licencing requirments for pleasure angling down here. The commercial sector is something that I personally cannot comment on as I have no involment in the field. I think we all know that the Spanish fishing fleet have a certain notoriety and it is a political hot potato. I posted the article as another post was asking about fishing in Murcia.

Gary Smith

Thanks for the info. thanks to Captain Cojones as well.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..