two topics casting and ring whipping.

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

I cant see myself venturing onto the rocks with a soft rod. I love the appolloits a cracking rod. The tz I bought 2nd hand but beleive me it had been used less than 10 times,ive probably only used it another 50 times so its a relatively new rod. We fish difficult conditions here - strong winds, big seas and rough ground, i dont think the tz was built to handle these conditions.

Stavey - do you think turning the rod to 8 or 9 oclock gives you a longer cast? what about lead starting position, can that make a difference?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not doubting you wotsinaname :) but it sounds like someones stuck a TZ500 sticker on a carp rod or the gravitational pull is different on Pluto :rolleyes::)

The TZ is very similar to the Century Kompressor Sport - a through action rod - both of which I use in rough ground/heavy seas. On saying that I prefer my old faithful Nemesis Plus to any of the rods mentioned :)

Guest jay_con

Ah the good old conoflex. What is it like as a casting rod?

Chap I know has a penn noreaster and says its a great rod. Has anyone here got one of them?

I liked your pluto joke. i chuckled a little.

Its great for an overhead thump and throws a 6oz with big bait easily. I fish the East coast of Scotland and it's fairly rough and kelpy so a cast of no more than 80yrds is usually the norm.

I know a couple of guys that use Century Raptors and Conoflex Scorpion sports - but personally I find them over stiff.

There are a few offers on with the Penn rods - you can get the Noreaster for £100 brand new. I'm sure that if you sold the TZ you would still get a good price for it.