Gipping Valley info

Enter Sandman

It might be worth giving them a call, they're a friendly bunch, or at least Ian Woods is. I think theyr'e more pleasure / match orientated because I seem to remember they had the biigger carp netted from Needham Lake, because some of the carpers were being a nuisance

I was thinking about joining this year for summer evening sessions.

Edited by Grandma

It might be worth giving them a call, they're a friendly bunch, or at least Ian Woods is. I think theyr'e more pleasure / match orientated because I seem to remember they had the biigger carp netted from Needham Lake, because some of the carpers were being a nuisance

I was thinking about joining this year for summer evening sessions.

Hi i had a look at Middle Farms today and they are a bit too small for my liking, nicely done for the juniors etc but i need something a bit larger

Hi Enter Sandman

I've been a member of GAPS for a few years now, mainly fishing Alderson and Barham lakes, plus the river at Sproughton and around Barham. The venues in the membership give you a hole heap of choice.

Alderson is a good day session venue (two lakes there) for silverfish, even better if you want to get up early for Tench/ Bream. Grandma is right they moved most of the Carp over to Barham, which is equally good.

The river sections are slow moving, but you can find Chub regularly. I mainly fish these in the winter and have good 1/2 day sessions with Roach/ Chub.

Hope this helps. Nic

I've mainly fished the larger lake at Alderson, targetting Tench and have never been disappointed. I know they stocked huge numbers of silver fish a while back and on the odd occasion when fishing for them had good sessions of Rudd and skimmer bream.

With Barham I think it's a case of being prepared to walk as far as you can from the car park. In one morning session last summer, having diverted from Alderson because of a match, fished 3/4 way down Barham for Tench and picked up an 181/2 lb common by accident.

How long ago were you fishing the waters ?

I fished GAPS about 2 years ago, found Barham too hard and too few Carp

I liked Alderson small lake had loads of small 2lb carp and i had some decent 6lb Tench from the large lake

Didnt like Elton Bank river section, Causeway was rubbish so i never re-joined and joined Purdis club in Ipswich

I have also fished CAPS waters but that is Bivvy city on every lake so wasnt for me, i like carp but not enough to camp out all night for !!

Starting to think about day ticket waters instead although it will cost me more at least i might catch more frequently

Edited by Enter Sandman

I fished GAPS about 2 years ago, found Barham too hard and too few Carp

I liked Alderson small lake had loads of small 2lb carp and i had some decent 6lb Tench from the large lake

Didnt like Elton Bank river section, Causeway was rubbish so i never re-joined and joined Purdis club in Ipswich

I have also fished CAPS waters but that is Bivvy city on every lake so wasnt for me, i like carp but not enough to camp out all night for !!

Starting to think about day ticket waters instead although it will cost me more at least i might catch more frequently

I dont think Gaps ever stock Barham and have found to many Chav types hang around the area - I like to releax when angling - not look over my shoulder every five mins.

they have stocked Alderson - as they own the place outright.

Purdis club have a major otter problem with the big lake being desimated.

Everyone I know who fish the small pool only catch bream!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

In a previous post we mentioned a lake at kettlebaston that is a sudbury and long melford club water.

I spoke this afternoon to a friend who visited it lastnight. Yes tuesday in the hard frost. He went to see his friend who was fishing there with half the lake frozen. He had caught a 19 and 3/4 lb fish and a smaller one.

The weekend before last another angler had 11 big bream.

That weekend roach where being caught to 1.5lbs by the bailiff that checked the card of the bream catcher.

Its becoming a very good water.

john

Not sure if it helps, but I spoke to Gary in Markhams yesterday and he has taken over Sinks Pit (just found some info online - http://www.yew-court.co.uk/venues/sink/swales_pit.htm )

May be worth a look. Fairly small, at 2 acres, but only 10 swims.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE