Mull of Galloway access

mikeclough

Many years ago I enjoyed fantastic shore fishing from the rocky headlands around the Mull of Galloway. However, the last time I visited, in 2001 during the height of foot and mouth, the normal access points were fenced off with 'keep out' signs. Has access been re-established? I'm particularly thinking about the track going down to West Tarbert and the coastal footpath running north from there, where we used to have brilliant pollack fishing from all the little headlands.

I shore fished last year with no problems. To fish east and east tarbet ther was a notice telling you to get permisssion from a farm on the left as you drive down the road along the mull.

please take your litter home it was digusting on the rocks last year mainly cans and sandeel packets so it is anglers who are leaving it :mad: :mad: .

Years ago when I checked up I was told there were no laws of trespass in Scotland :confused: ?

prp

I was there recently, there was no problems with access (parked on the grass at the end of the track) and there was good sport with small pollack on lead heads baited with sand eel. Baits ledgered close in took wrasse, further out LSD's. Anyone know what that wreck was? Huge section on shore, other large peice is marked with a buoy.

Rocky

Rocky's getting confused, his tiny Rockling brain has trouble remembering even the geography and topography of the little cave he lives in with his brood. Mulling over the posts he wonders if we are getting Mull of Kintyre (mist rolling in from the sea! East and West Loch Tarbert)and Mull of Galloway (Drumore and Port Logan) mixed up, Rocky was definitely at the Mull of Galloway within the last few weeks and there were no access problems!

• 2 weeks later...