HOW FAR CAN IT GO!!!

Guest bennyTHEBASS

I know what was stated, the point I was trying to put across (and not very well) was banning smoking on health grounds is every easy to do, even when I smoked I would be the first person to say that it was wrong.

However I fish and if someone asked me if it was wrong I would say no.

The question relating to fishing is open to debate, but in my opinion smoking is not.

I cannot think of one positive argument for smoking and would admit I was a fool for smoking.

Infact it is the only regret I have in the way I conducted my life, there was no justification for my selfish addiction.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupid comparison or not a lot of anti's will say your addicted to angling, and if you can give up smoking you can do the same with angling, all in all the whole thing is stupid to look at it in the same vein.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Blimey Ken calm down mate. I have never smoked but I forgive you. lol

Personaly I am not going to make excuse for me to continue angling. I enjoy it, I am a predator, It's natural. I don't mind killing a few worms/crabs/fish in pursuit of my hobby. I can live with that. I think we all have to be honest about this an say "yep sometimes we are a bit cruel but we enjoy it".

I'm sorry but at the end of the day our sport contains cruelty.When you are dealing with organisations that think pet ownership is cruel you perhaps see what I mean. PETA and IFAW and RSPCA have millions and millions of pounds to campaign against all fisherman.

If you think because you can handle yourself your be safe think again. Antis work by fixing the odds in their favour. You try facing up to a dozen masked people in balaclavas. Boats vandalised fisheries attacked, these people have used bombs and let mink out into our countryside.

As for samcox's opinion I suggest he look into the reality of what people participate in any sport. Fishing is a toffs sport like hunting is. There are some rich people who fish and some who hunt. There are many labourers who fish and many who hunt. The antis will divide and rule, but calling people ***** is both ignorant and doing their job for them.

Nice to see more foxes being killed now (Look at Scotland) with some surviving with a greater risk of serious injury: That's what I call an advance in animal welfare.

Perhaps they'll ban poisoning rats, driving too fast and killing insects, fly spray, worming tablets. I know this sounds ridiculous and illogical but considering my first comment, one should realise that logic does not come into the equation. THAT is why we should be aware and concerned, if not yet worried. THAT is why we need to have our own house in order to maintain broader public support. One might liken it to a counter insurgency operation as in Malaysia, Oman etc.

And regarding hunting foxes with dogs being barbaric, look at my signature and tell me the logic in this?

Hi Stavey,

It's not an addiction, it's passion. :D

I keep tropicals in the house, cold water in the garden, I go fishing and I even took up scuba diving to see them at home. :D

My dear old mother claimed I had web feet. :D

Stoaty,

I'm not upset mate, in truth I think our biggest problem is with commercial fishing controls not the anti-mob.

I read that bass issue yesterday, all sides of the argument. What amazed me most was the total tonnage.

I am no marine enviroment expert but I do believe that you can only reap what you sow, conservation being the sowing in this case.

That places conservation as the first item to be address and the reaping (fishing) based on the results of conservation efforts.

It seems we have in the wrong order.

Looking at the bass issue it appears the experts do know when they spawn, so why not ban commercial activities during that three months.

That would probably be considered simplistic. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Sam - I have a friend who went on a hunt and he could see how some of the 'stuck-up' ones got the others a bad name, which was something coming from him, but they are by no mean all toffs. And as for ridiculous dress, you should see me fishing.

Certainly the lurcher, rather than greyhound, hare coursers are way removed from toffdom, probably a large proportion are from the travelling community and they do value the kill, unlike the official organised greyhound people. Anyway all their sport is now technically banned.

• 2 weeks later...

ruddy good job

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!